Company: Apis & Heritage Capital Partners
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Research and Analytics
Apis & Heritage Capital Partners (A&H) is an IA 50 Emerging Impact Manager and private equity sponsor that is missioned with addressing the nation’s racial wealth gap, using the tools and best practices of employee ownership. Specifically, A&H finds great small and medium sized businesses with large workforces of color and converts them to 100% employee-owned business while providing them with the governance, support, and training needed to create an engaged workforce and empowered management team.
For more about Apis & Heritage, see this recent Barron’s article: www.barrons.com/articles/private-equity-fund-launches-to-close-the-racial-wealth-gap-01624478005
and this recent coverage regarding the close of our first two transactions:
The A&H team is looking for a candidate who will be an integral part of the sourcing and investments team, participating in all aspects of the investment process — from initial screening and due diligence through transaction approval and post-investment monitoring.
The roles will involve:
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements of new and existing investments identifying trends and areas to further review
- Building and maintaining financial models for potential investments including credit analysis
- Supporting deal evaluation, due diligence and industry analysis
- Producing investment memos on potential transactions, including financial and social impact analysis
- Assisting in investment portfolio operational matters such as information collection, monitoring of investment performance, and tracking of impact investment opportunities
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with companies, corporate partners and other relevant institutions.
- Participate in due diligence of investment opportunities, including assessing valuations, financial modeling, drafting investment papers and presenting investment recommendations
- Work with senior investment team members to source investment opportunities
- Support monitoring activities of existing investments, both as it relates to financial and impact related metrics
- Assist in the preparation of materials for quarterly reviews of the portfolio, external investor reports.
- Analytical and critical thinking – Ability to identify and summarize key investment considerations and risks. Ability to participate in a constructive review and debate of the merits of an investment and to be challenged on a point of view
- Strong technical and analytical skills – financial modeling, company research, investment memo preparation, presentation
- Well organized with good time-management skills and able to manage multiple priorities and reporting lines
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to utilize individual initiative
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of work experience with a commercial banking, private equity, investment banking or research firm
- Strong analytical insight and spreadsheet modeling skills, as well as a strong understanding of financial statements
- Desire to develop / maintain relationships with intermediaries, investors, and other private funds
- Ability to collaborate and work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com also answering the following questions:
Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor’s Degree?
How many years of work experience do you have using Excel Models?
How many years of Investment Banking experience do you currently have?
What is your level of proficiency in Spanish?
Do you have financial modeling experience?