Company: Equitable Facilities Fund
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Investment
About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a non-profit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing public charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $800 million to schools serving 60,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Equity is at the core of our mission, and we invest in schools that create opportunities for students and communities that have traditionally been denied access to high-quality educational opportunities.
If you’re seeking to have a community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Investment Analyst will play a critical role in EFF’s efforts to provide over $2 billion of affordable charter school facility financing by 2026. The Analyst role is a 24-month full-time salaried position that provides early-stage professionals training in basic financial and underwriting skills to succeed in mission-driven financial services roles.
Reporting to the Investment Principal, the Analyst will support the underwriting and management of a high-impact portfolio of school loans. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical skills, strong communication skills, enthusiastically approach the sometimes-ambiguous work of a start-up, and contribute to building a collaborative, team-oriented culture of excellence.
Who You Are
- You believe all children deserve a quality education. You want to promote opportunity for children across the US and believe education and financial access are critical to the success of flourishing communities.
- You are intrigued by numbers and financials. You will support EFF’s efforts to underwrite and structure charter school facilities solutions for high-quality operators. Analyzing financial statements to assess charter school prospects’ creditworthiness will be essential to your team’s overall decision-making process.
- You love data. You enjoy collecting, analyzing, and aggregating financial, academic, and impact data which will support underwriting decisions and portfolio monitoring.
- You are always up for a good research project. You will go deep to understand the depth and scope of the public education landscape in specific regions and help EFF determine where and how we should expand our impact.
- You are an effective communicator. You’re capable of developing various types of communications and materials for varied audiences and purposes. You know when materials need to demonstrate informative analysis and when inspirational, mission-aligned content is the best approach. You get excited about creating content that communicates effectively to board members, funders, and investors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; business or finance-oriented majors are welcomed
- 0 – 2+ years of professional relevant experience including internships or full-time work
- Passion for the program’s mission to support high-quality education options and financial access for under-resourced communities
- In-depth academic or professional experience with financial statement analysis, quantitative problem-solving, and credit concepts (can be demonstrated through work, internship, or academic experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Google equivalents
- Exemplary writing and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and desire to seek innovative solutions to complex challenges
- A high degree of integrity, authenticity, and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel ~25% of the time
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 for NYC hires; or $50,000 – $60,000 for non-NYC hires. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
New York City, NY or Houston, TX residence preferred. This role is expected to travel to NYC for approximately 3-4 days each month.
The Investment Analyst will report to the Investment Principal.
How to Apply
Send applications through https://boards.greenhouse.io/eqfund/jobs/6234792002?t=28b7fd3b2.