Company: Association for Enterprise Opportunity
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Accounting
ASSOCIATION FOR ENTERPRISE OPPORTUNITY (AEO) is the leading voice of innovation for microfinance and microbusiness. Our mission is to create economic opportunity for underserved entrepreneurs throughout the United States. We engineer transformational change through research, convening, incubation, and advocacy to foster a robust and inclusive marketplace. For more than 30 years, AEO and our 2,700+ member organizations have helped millions of entrepreneurs support themselves and their families while contributing to their communities through business ownership.
The Program Manager is a member of the Innovation Hub team and contributes to the launch and growth of AEO’s innovation engineering. The general responsibilities include managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of cohorts and a portfolio of Innovation Hub projects. The Program Manager will serve as the project lead with internal and external stakeholder, sharing and capturing information and knowledge integral to the success of the pilot projects. This position will also play a key role in developing measurement and evaluation tools for the Innovation Hub.
The Program Manager will be an experienced professional who values a co-creative process, has prior experience leading trainings and is proficient with web-based tools and solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders and lead functional, operational, and relationship problem-solving discussions with a broad range of individuals. The Program Manager reports to the Director of Innovation at AEO.
- Own the execution and successful implementation of multiple pilot projects from ideation to proof of concept with the goal of identifying, developing, and launching scalable products and services aimed at the needs of microbusinesses across the country.
- Serve as expert and point-of-contact on portfolio internally and, as necessary, with external partners. Share insights on portfolio progress, learnings, and areas of concerns.
- Obsess over the transparency and visibility of portfolio – ensure that all relevant teams have necessary information to support the successful execution of deliverables. Leverage internal meetings, Enterprise-Wide Project Manager, and Monday.com as necessary to communicate relevant updates in an effective and timely way.
- Document and track projects risks and issues, establish mitigation plans, and take corrective actions as necessary
- Onboard and train cohort of relevant stakeholders and serve as point of contact for all individuals involved.
- Assess the landscape and perform field analysis to identify and evaluate trends and emerging themes
- Understand and monitor any shifts that could impact the adoption and implementation of proposed products and services once pilot projects are completed.
- Develop evaluation, tracking, and reporting tools and measurements for Innovation Hub projects and cohorts.
- Contribute to research/development by assisting with data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Assist with writing reports capturing lessons learned and insights from cohorts and products and service pilots
- Assist in the development of standardized processes for cohort onboarding and overall project management. Lead the implementation of crafted initiatives within portfolio.
- Support leadership efforts in bringing proven concepts to market.
- Build strong relationships with member organizations engaged through portfolio, focusing on their strengths and contributions to the ecosystem, and how AEO could support their growth and development to better serve microbusinesses.
- Confidently engage with staff at all levels and across multiple stakeholder groups, and use poise, tact, and persuasiveness to motivate others by sharing points of view while listening and learning from others.
- Coordinate and lead meetings as necessary, fostering an environment conducive to sharing and learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Education in economics, mathematics, social science, or related degree
- Knowledge of non-profits, entrepreneurship, and small business lending
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated track record of performance using field research, data analysis, human-centered design, and project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Expertise in project management methodology and techniques
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to derive innovative solutions to complex problems
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including retirement matching
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A collaborative and high-performing 100% remote work environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include: your unique qualifications for this position, your salary requirements, and how you learned of this vacancy.