Company: Build Commonwealth
Location: Boston, MA
Job Function: Research and Analytics
Commonwealth strengthens the financial opportunity and security of financially vulnerable people by discovering ideas, piloting solutions, and driving innovations to scale. For nearly two decades, Commonwealth has designed effective innovations, products, and policies enabling over a million people to accumulate more than $3 billion in savings.
Commonwealth understands broad changes requires market players to act. That’s why we collaborate with consumers, the financial services industry, employers, policymakers and mission-driven organizations. The solutions we build are grounded in real life, based on our deep understanding of people who are financially vulnerable and how businesses can best serve them. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.buildcommonwealth.org
Diversity of background and perspective are strengths that we value. We are committed to creating a diverse, committed, skilled and collaborative environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Commonwealth recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses.
Commonwealth is seeking an Innovation Coordinator to join our Lab team for a full-time employment role. As an Innovation Coordinator, you’ll play a key role in helping Commonwealth build and scale innovative financial solutions for financially vulnerable Americans. You will support multiple initiatives and be part of an organization and team passionate about making positive, scalable impact on the financial lives of people.
- Help coordinate projects through task management, organization and disciplined follow up.
- Support original qualitative and quantitative research including individual interviews with the financially vulnerable, focus groups, surveys and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Design and prototype solutions to financial challenges.
- Creatively problem-solve and collaborate with a small, results-oriented team to effectively keep projects on track toward both short-term milestones and long-term strategic objectives.
- Write both online and print communication that describes the work and promotes dissemination of innovations.
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture through consistent high energy, appetite for learning, eagerness to support colleagues and engaged participation on project teams.
- Exceptional organization skills, with the ability to track and support multiple complex projects with both flexibility and close attention to detail.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to achieve goals and timelines.
- Aptitude for analytic reasoning and the use of data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems creatively as they arise and the judgment to know when to call on colleagues or a supervisor for help.
- Ability to build relationships and work with a diverse range of partners.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to craft persuasive verbal and written communications for different audiences.
- Flexible and willing to address project needs as they arise.
- Passionate about the mission of Commonwealth and driving social change through promoting financial security and opportunity for the financially vulnerable.
- Familiarity with financial technology innovations and low-and-moderate income households a plus.
Commonwealth offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Our staff are the key to our success. We, therefore, offer a generous compensation and benefits package that includes a focus on a wide range of professional development opportunities and:
- Medical insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Retirement matching contributions
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, and 16 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- Flexible schedules and telework options
Commonwealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.