Impact Measurement and Evaluation Analyst
Company: TruFund Financial
Location: , All
Job Function: Other
TruFund Financial Services, Inc. (“TruFund”) is a 501(c)(3) Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Treasury Department’s CDFI Fund. With Headquarters in New York City and field offices in Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas, our mission is to help historically disadvantaged individuals and communities create thriving and resilient small businesses and entrepreneurial ecosystems in order to close racial and economic disparities and ensure an inclusive and equitable society. To this end, we offer access to affordable and responsible loan capital and business advisory services to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are financially viable but have difficulty accessing affordable capital from banks or other conventional lenders. Since 2005, we have disbursed $232M in financing through 3,512 loans, which has contributed to the creation and retention of over 18K jobs. Of these loans, over 76% have been to minority and / or women owned businesses and 51% to businesses in low-moderate-income (LMI) communities.
TruFund Financial Services seeks an Impact Data Analyst who will support our day-to-day Impact Measurement & Management (IMM) work by providing data management, analyses, and visualization skills to help TruFund monitor the impact we have on the communities we serve. The Impact Data Analyst will play a key supportive role in further developing our organization’s analytic capabilities. The ideal teammate will enjoy creating order from raw data spread across multiple platforms and providing data management and analyses for different streams of work. Primary responsibilities include collecting, analyzing, managing, cleaning, organizing, and reporting data to support data-driven decision making, program and investment improvements, and monitoring progress toward impact goals.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone early in their career to play a crucial role in enhancing TruFund’s impact measurement at a time when impact measurement is starting to become a strategic differentiator between CDFIs, as funders and communities prioritize impact over activity.
Data maintained and collected by the person in this role will answer key questions, such as: “How does technical assistance training impact loan performance?”; “What impact does lending have on borrowers, their businesses, and their communities?”; “To what extent are our cohort-based training programs creating a pipeline for lending?” and “What composition of interventions make the greatest impact on small businesses?”
The Impact Data Analyst will report to the Vice President of Impact and Program Evaluation and will work closely with staff across the organization, including portfolio analysts, market managers, program officers, business development officers, and the resource development team
While TruFund is headquartered in New York City, we welcome remote applicants.
Roles & Responsibilities
Impact Data Collection and Management
- Manage day-to-day tasks and collaborate with TruFund staff to collect and monitor data assessing progress toward program and organizational goals
Organize, prepare, merge, clean, and maintain portfolio impact and program evaluation data
- Coordinate data collection activities, including preparing and administering surveys for small business clients evaluating the impact of TruFund’s delivery of training, advisory services, and loans
- Support and assist the Vice President of Impact and Evaluation with ongoing monitoring of impact data
- Work within Microsoft Dynamics, the centerpiece platform of our integrated data system to further develop Impact Measurement and Management capabilities
- Perform simple quantitative and qualitative data analyses on pre/post program data and for an annual financial and social impact survey of our borrowers (e.g., descriptives, frequencies, paired samples t-tests)
- Develop and maintain insightful, actionable data visualizations, reports, and dashboards to inform feedback loops, monitor goal progress, and improve programming and services
Research, Learning, and Compliance
- Contribute to interpreting and translating data into insightful, actionable recommendations with project team
- Organize and develop content for industry research or grant proposals
Assist with preparing and providing data required for reporting to internal and external stakeholders including funders
- Prepare dashboards to inform program development and progress toward strategic organizational goals
General Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, psychology, or related field and 1-2 years of relevant professional experience OR 3-4 years direct experience in program evaluation, impact measurement and management, data visualization and analytics, data management or related field.
- Demonstrated experience independently analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, including survey or financial data
- Direct experience cleaning and troubleshooting messy data sets of any size
- Demonstrated proficiency with data management, including merging and preparing data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience creating dynamic and static data dashboards
- Demonstrated experience compiling data into insightful, actionable data visualizations
- Advanced practical knowledge in Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and PowerBI OR demonstrated ability to quickly learn these tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to distill complex information into easy to accomplish actions
- Committed to embedding evaluation, learning, and analyses in principles of equity
- Can effectively work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Craves feedback and continuous improvement
- Intellectually curious and enjoys learning
- Has an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Additional Skills and Experience that will make you stand out:
- Taken courses in or has related work experience with: impact investing, impact measurement, program evaluation, ESG or SDG
- Familiar with approaches to data visualization beyond Excel default charts (E.g. Stephanie Evergreen)
- Basic understanding of logic models
- Proficient in using R
Compensation and Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) including organization match.
Salary Range $60,000 – $70,000
How to Apply
Please email Lynell James at LJames@jamesgoodeassociates.com and Stephanie Goode at SCGoode@jamesgoodeassociates.com