Company: TruFund Financial Services
Location: , Multi
Job Function: Investment
TruFund was established in 2005 as a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. As a nonprofit, mission-driven entity, TruFund offers affordable loan capital to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are financially viable but have difficulty accessing capital from banks or other conventional lenders. TruFund offers more than a loan – we provide an opportunity for underserved small businesses and low-income communities to thrive.
TruFund is a Community Development Financial Institution “CDFI” that operates a private equity platform under their Structured Lending & Investments “SLI” unit. All equity investments are executed under TruCapital, the firm’s subsidiary. TruCapital seeks to promote equity capitalization and access for BIPOC communities. One way in which TruCapital is addressing racial inequality is by providing access to affordable equity capital to MWBE developers through initiatives such as the Impact Developers Fund (IDF), a $26 million partnership with Morgan Stanley and the Ford Foundation which is currently in the process of being expanded.
The Impact Investment Officer will be responsible for the evaluation and analysis of equity investment opportunities for TruCapital. Additionally, under the direction of the VP, the role will support IDF’s investor relations activities and the development and creation of new program joint ventures, fund capitalization efforts and future client equity investment opportunities. Specifically, we are seeking a financially skilled impact investment professional to help screen, execute, and monitor both fund and direct private investments. The Impact Investment Officer will provide portfolio assessment reviews, research, analysis and compliance fund support.
Primary Job Functions
• Underwrite credit and/or equity investment memos for executive leadership, credit review and approval
• Manage relationships with investees and/or borrowers
• Analyze potential equity investment opportunities for TruCapital and external partners including fund and project level forecasting
• With oversight, develop and apply applicable underwriting criteria for investment recipients and borrowers based on investor PRI and/or CRA requirements
• Provide ongoing analysis and reporting on fund and investees’ and/or borrowers’ performance to internal and external partners
• Represent TruCapital in partnership meetings with external funders and stakeholders which may include presenting formal pitches
• Advise TruFund on transaction strategy including due-diligence, deal structuring, managing process to deadlines and all applicable reporting and/or reconciling requirements
• Support the establishment of the required financial management and reporting infrastructure
• Monitor and measure the social and financial impacts of the Fund’s impact investment portfolio, as well as disseminate results and learnings to executive leadership while recommending action plans
• Research national economic, equity, industry and impact outcomes to ensure best in class approaches to existing and potential funds ensuring a competitive product that adds value to our investees and/or borrowers and investors
Education And Related Work Experience
• Formally credit trained or proven ability to underwrite and manage debt or equity structures
• Minimum of 3 years in commercial banking, equity investment, commercial real estate, corporate banking, community development or social impact investing
• Familiarity with and/or experience underwriting residential and affordable housing transactions including LIHTC and NMTC structures
• Proven track record in community economic development lending or finance along with strong relationship building skills is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Public Administration, Management, Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
• Capacity to work independently and motivation to achieve goals with minimal supervision is required
• Commitment to and experience in impact equity, real estate and or social impact investing
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. The position will be subject to adhoc request as needed.
TruFund Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 403(b)
Salary range $95,000 – $125,000 commiserate with experience .
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: