Location: Boston, MA
Job Function: Finance
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory capabilities and covers over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently works with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, monitor, and implement impact portfolios. Clients include foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink, Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
We are seeking a purpose-driven investment research professional with a passion for helping clients shape their impact investing strategies to lead core engagements with our charitable asset owners and allocators as well as research cutting edge impact investing opportunities on behalf of our family office, advisor, and institutional clients.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated team. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Strategic Client Engagements – Play a pivotal role leading CapShift’s key strategic projects with nonprofit asset owners and issuers that enable CapShift clients to better understand the philanthropic and impact investment market opportunity, key projects may include:
- Constructing an Investment Policy Statement that incorporates a client’s impact objectives
- Benchmarking the donor advised fund and foundation market’s use of impact investing
- Facilitating working sessions with clients and industry peers to leverage critical insights
- Creating materials and communicating findings to senior client stakeholders, including executive teams, investment committees, and boards
- Impact Investment Research and Due Diligence – Engage with for profit and non-profit companies and fund managers across public, private, and nonprofit markets to collect information regarding investment opportunities, synthesize findings using CapShift’s due diligence process and present findings internally to CapShift Investment and Philanthropic Review Committees and externally clients
- Internal Strategy Development – Support the research team in formalizing CapShift’s consulting services, setting the foundation and capacity for future client growth.
- Other Initiatives – There will also be the opportunity to also take on (or create) other projects that help drive the team’s success, including client specific projects.
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience working in a strategy consulting role, preferably with nonprofits, charitable asset owners, or impact-driven companies
- Exceptional excel and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong alignment with CapShift’s role in mobilizing capital for purpose
- Desire to work in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Proactive, thoughtful, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, and able to effectively communicate across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Preferred qualifications: Familiarity with ESG data, impact investing, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject [“LAST NAME – Impact Investment Associate – Strategy”] to email@example.com.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.