Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Locations: Richmond, VA; Christiansburg, VA; Norfolk, VA
Job Function: Other
About VCC Social Enterprises:
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises (VCCSE) is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing and LOCUS Capital (collectively referred to as LOCUS). Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCCSE offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCCSE. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
LOCUS is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCCSE is currently seeking a mission-oriented, efficient, and detail-oriented Impact Analyst who will support the company’s various business lines by providing critical analytic support necessary for making strategic decisions regarding programming, funding and technical assistance needs.
The Impact Analyst will produce research and data analytics projects and products across all VCCSE business lines. Primary responsibilities include data tracking, analysis, compliance reporting and program evaluation. The person in this position will also collect, analyze and report research on new and existing initiatives, trends and best practices in the field of Community Development and offer recommendations for expansion or adoption of new geographies, products or services and ensure the integrity of all data reported. The Analyst will also conduct special research projects and present findings as needed. Prefer a candidate within reasonable driving distance of Richmond, Christiansburg, or Norfolk offices.
Impact Analyst Functions:
- Leads the social impact data collection, management, and reporting for VCCSE
- Creates, updates, and maintains staff training related to impact, market engagement, best practice research, and CRA compliancy
- Collaborates with all departments at VCCSE to develop and maintain impact-related tools, models and frameworks
- Participates in the implementation of VCCSE strategic plans
- Manages the renewals and identifies new opportunities for impact, equitable finance, and community development-related certifications
- Live and represent the values and mission of the organization – keeping diverse, equitable, and inclusive impact at the center of all efforts and execution
- Experience: 1-3 years minimum of professional, academic, or other experience conducting research and analysis, preferably in the finance, community development, non-profit or public sector
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of research design, data collection, analysis and data reporting/presentation
- Understanding of databases and how to use and create them
- Aptitude for learning new software to support research and analysis work
- GIS/mapping capability
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others and successfully interact with people at all management and support levels, as well as people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, analyze information, and make recommendations
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and ensure high quality work products
- Accomplishments that reflect teamwork, integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency–including demonstrated leadership, ability to influence and bring about consensus, and to work independently
- High level of flexibility and adaptability required
- Ability to travel as required
- Alignment with organizational goals:
- Sensitivity to racial, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Effective, respectful, and timely communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytic, thoughtful and strategic thinking and be thoroughly aware of organizational goals and strategic direction. Must have the ability to switch roles and procedures easily to facilitate change in line with organizational priorities.
- Consider the mission, objectives, and goals of VCCSE and demonstrate an understanding of the impact of their decisions and behavior on the organization
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Software (Teams, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other customer relationship managers (CRMs)
- Physical/Sensory Demands: Fast-paced working environment, requiring quick decisions within areas of responsibility
- Extensive computer usage and Microsoft Teams communication
- Must be able to work independently in a stable remote environment
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively
Compensation and Benefits
- $60,000-$70,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17-days of PTO per year
- 11-Paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid remote options
How to Apply
**Please provide one or more writing samples from your professional, volunteer, and or academic experience. These samples can include research papers, briefs, reports, plans, whitepapers, etc..
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume, cover letter & writing sample to:
Virginia Community Capital
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.