Company: Vital Healthcare Capital
Locations: New York, NY; Denver, CO
Job Function: Finance
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) dedicated to strengthening quality healthcare in low-income and historically disadvantaged communities. We finance community health centers and behavioral health organizations; advocate for community-based healthcare, health equity and good healthcare jobs; and build partnerships to advance our work. We currently work in New York, Colorado, and North Carolina. Our unique partnership with Self Help—one of the largest CDFI’s in the country—gives V-Cap access to a national commercial lending infrastructure, while remaining a small and nimble organization.
V-Cap provides a small, tight-knit, growth-oriented environment where ownership of your work, a creative, problem-solving outlook, and a mission-driven orientation matter, and make an immediate, meaningful difference.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.
An exceptional opportunity for a talented finance professional to make an impact, with work that is focused on improving healthcare in low-income and historically disadvantaged communities and an organization that is determined to make that difference!
We seek an individual with strong financial acumen and a minimum of 2 to 3 years in a related role who is ready to take his or her skills in a meaningful direction and take a career step that will have a real impact on community health organizations and the communities they serve.
If you are passionate about using your financial skill set to make a difference, this role with the Vital Healthcare Capital team is a place where you’ll thrive. You will play an integral role in early-stage screening and development of potential investments, including evaluating financial and programmatic fit of nonprofit community health organizations, as well as take ownership of contributions to each project.
We welcome candidates based in the NYC metro area OR the Denver metro area.
- Provide detailed analysis in support of building V-Cap’s pipeline of community health capital projects across all target markets, in collaboration with the Director of Health Investment;
- Develop a deep understanding of potential borrowers’ organizational goals, proposed project(s), and relevant financing considerations;
- Contribute to early-stage screening of potential community health investments, including analyzing audited financial statements and other financial and operational information from potential borrowers;
- Collaborate and coordinate with V-Cap’s lending partner, Self-Help, on transactions ready to move to underwriting and credit approval;
- Share organizational and administrative responsibilities, as needed, in collaboration with other team members.
Skill Set for Success:
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, including in-depth financial statement analysis;
- Time-sensitive approach to managing, monitoring, and cultivating V-Cap’s lending pipeline;
- Strong communication skills, verbally, in written business communications, and in digital/multimedia formats, sensitive to handling highly confidential information;
- Proficiency with current business software platforms, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word/PowerPoint), G Suite products, and staying current in social media platforms;
- Self-starter, able to work independently and manage priorities across multiple geographies;
- Thrive in navigating change, quickly grasp new information, and contributing financially-sound, creative solutions in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, accounting, business/finance, healthcare policy or administration, or another related field;
- 2 to 3 years of progressive responsibility in commercial lending or CDFIs, finance, or healthcare or nonprofit financial management;
- Strong commitment to social justice, economic and racial equity, and investing in care for our most vulnerable populations;
- Experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), or other health service organizations with significant Medicaid funding streams highly desirable.
Compensation and Benefits
You’ll find competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a supportive team, committed to each other and our professional development.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should provide their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our career opportunities at: https://www.vitalcap.org/careers