Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: , Remote
Job Function: Research and Analytics
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing, and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together.
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40+ years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & JUSTICE
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Grants Compliance Analyst within the Grants and Contracts Management Department (GCM). This is a full-time position.
About the Grants and Contracts Management Team
GCM is responsible for effectively managing LISC’s government and private pass-through funds, including subgrants to community organizations and consultants to carry out the corporate goal of creating healthy, sustainable communities throughout the country.
LISC currently manages more than $300 million of government funds and over $100 million of private awards; and has applied for millions more in competitive local and national grants. GCM is responsible for ensuring that these contracts are administered properly, and in this capacity, oversees compliance and program planning/reporting for these contracts. The Department is responsible for providing extensive technical assistance to the national network of LISC’s offices managing government and private funds.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
- Review compliance requirements for government awards regarding the OMB Uniform Guidance and each award’s terms and conditions
- Assist in ensuring that grant compliance requirements are being met by LISC field staff, subgrantees and vendors they fund
- Provide technical assistance and problem solving to LISC local field offices and national programs to ensure compliance with requirements for grant awards, including government funding
- Ensure that LISC field staff comply with company policies and procedures for managing government and private awards
- Work with field staff to identify program compliance procedures, tracking mechanisms and internal control systems for specific awards
- Work with other members of the department to improve internal controls, policies and procedures as necessary
- Review subgrant and consultant requests to be funded with government funds for allowability of costs and compliance with specific award requirements and OMB regulations
- Conduct compliance site visits to LISC sites and their subgrantees around the country as necessary+++
- Develop and provide training to local field office staff about management of government awards and compliance with applicable regulations
- Support local offices and national programs efforts to monitor compliance of government funded actions
- Support LISC’s A-133 annual Audit and provide data for local audit requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of related compliance experience.
- Solid knowledge of federal government regulations, including the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Strong analytic skills and experience, especially in federal grants administration
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of public and nonprofit partners is a must, good interpersonal skills necessary
- Experience using Salesforce.com technology is a plus.
- Some travel domestically is required (5% annually).
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to the link below.