Company: Homewise Inc
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Job Function: Grant Writer
With a mission to empower individuals and families in their pursuit of homeownership, Homewise offers a range of solutions, including mortgage lending, financial coaching, homebuyer education, and affordable housing options. We aim to make the dream of owning a home accessible and sustainable for a diverse range of clients, working towards stronger, more vibrant communities.
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Do you have a talent for crafting persuasive narratives and securing essential funding through grant writing? If so, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Grant Writer. At Homeiwse, a NeighborWorks organization and Community Development Financial Institution, the grant writer’s mission is to execute a grant-writing strategy that fuels our mission to create affordable housing, foster homeownership, and support community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Grant Writer, you will:
- Lead Grant Proposal Development: Identify and research grant opportunities, prepare and organize materials, write and edit proposals, create budgets, and track grant applications to produce funded proposals.
- Grant Reporting: Fulfill ongoing grant reporting requirements as necessary to maintain positive relationships with funders.
- Identify Funding Opportunities: Collaborate with the Grant & Impact Investment Manager to research and identify new funding sources.
- Build and Maintain Relationships: Foster positive relationships and open communication with foundations and other funders.
- Project Management: Serve as the project manager and lead writer for grant proposals, including those that involve cross-departmental or external collaboration.
- Complex Funding Proposals: Manage complex public funding proposals, including federal, state, and local municipalities.
- Data Organization: Organize and coordinate internal and external data for grant writing purposes.
- Documentation: Create and maintain organized and accurate files for grants and grant relationships.
- Database Management: Update and maintain the grant database (Salesforce or STARS) with complete and accurate information.
- Report Generation: Create and disseminate regular reports in CRM software (Salesforce or STARS) to track grant activity and progress toward goals.
- Listening Skills: Actively listen and seek to understand others’ viewpoints.
- Communication Skills: Present issues, both orally and in writing.
- Time Management: Exhibit excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines with prompt communication.
- Results-Oriented: Prioritize and align your work to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Strong Research Skills: Be curious, eager to learn, self-sufficient, and proactive in researching appropriate sources of information.
- Collaboration: Build relationships and rapport throughout the organization by inviting and participating in collaborative team-building efforts.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Multitasking and Prioritizing: Juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively to stay organized and meet stated deadlines.
- Independence: Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- High Standards: Expect and deliver nothing short of the best in personal performance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience: A strong educational foundation.
- Grant Writing Success: Demonstrated success in both small and large grant writing.
- Communication Excellence: Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred Experience: Familiarity with CDFIs, real estate, affordable housing, homeownership programming, and/or Financial Education and Community Development, as well as experience with large Federal grant applications, is preferred.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings or weekends, as needed.
- Largely a sedentary role.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer the following benefits to employees who work part-time or more:
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matched 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A great work environment
- Remote or hybrid work options for several roles
How to Apply
Join Homewise and be part of a dedicated team committed to transforming communities. Your grant writing expertise will be pivotal in making a lasting impact. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter using the provided link. https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2012998/Homewise/Grant-Writer.