Company: Homewise Inc
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Job Function: Finance
The Homewise mission is to help create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so individuals and families can improve their long-term financial well-being and quality of life.
Are you looking for new opportunities to use your reporting, analytical, communication, and project management skills to help create homeowners in our community? Consider a career with Homewise as the Financial Reporting Manager. The mission of the Investor Reporting Manager role is to analyze, interpret, translate and communicate financial and program data to Homewise’s internal and external stakeholders. The Investor Reporting Manager shows leadership and support of the Homewise mission by managing investor reporting, ensuring the impact of investor funding, and contributing to the financial stability of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensure reporting efficacy for both internal and external stakeholders by collaboratively working with Homewise departments such as Finance, Resource Development, Marketing, Community Development, Policy, and Community Engagement, and IT to monitor and report progress on Homewise’s program and financial data.
- Lead as a subject matter expert on program goals and measures associated with government grant awards to ensure organizational strategy and grant deployment is in compliance with the grant terms.
- Using activity data and strategic thinking, manage down payment assistance programs toward the greatest client impact, organizational needs, and program deployment and sustainability.
- Identify and enact process improvement opportunities with regard to data collection and reporting to ensure the attainment of Homewise’s qualitative and quantitative goals set in the five-year strategic plan.
- Analyze trends in Homewise data, and incorporate improvements from findings to implement systems and processes to affect short, intermediate, and long-term programmatic and operational impact.
- Assist Capital Strategy team in assessing, developing, and maintaining beneficial investor relationships, program management, and reporting protocols to ensure the fulfillment of strategic objectives.
- Utilize expert knowledge of the interconnectedness of Homewise department activities to effectively and efficiently manage data collection, analysis, and reporting. Contribute to others’ understanding of data interconnectedness through collaborative training and thought partner opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison between both internal departments and Homewise and external investors and partners on matters of program data, program and financial reporting, and government grant management.
- Gather data and information about the effectiveness of our work, analyze and share this information with leadership and the staff in order to improve the effectiveness of our approach, and drive greater impact.
Work Process and System Improvements
- Implement process and system improvements to external reporting protocols and internal databases, including contributions to the design and use of a data warehouse.
- Manage programs and reporting for all federal grant programs
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting for internal and external stakeholders, including approximately 40 external investors and partners.
- Manage Community Development Block Grant Home Purchase and Home Improvement programs, including reporting and reimbursement protocols, for the City of Santa Fe, the City of Albuquerque, and others.
- Develop and maintain internal data and impact reports that enable the management team and staff to assess the organization’s progress toward strategic goals.
- Lead response to organizational reviews and audits from partners such as NeighborWorks America, Aeris, Opportunity Finance Network, the City of Santa Fe, the City of Albuquerque, and others.
- Manage Homewise’s online profile, registration, and compliance with entities like HUD, NM Secretary of State, Housing Partnership Network, Grants.gov, System for Award Management (SAM), NM Charitable Organizations, etc.
- Collaborate with leaders in other Homewise departments toward accurate and efficient data entry, collection and correction when necessary.
- Balanced and demonstrated ability in strategic program leadership. Comfortable in diagnosing issues and leading change.
- Process orientation. Clearly see and understands how strategy and goals are achieved by defining and continually improving core process. Able to diagnose and redesign.
- Customer service. Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests; exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Makes insightful diagnosis for underlying issues, and assist in the development of improvement strategies. Varied and self-aware leadership style – able to manage by influence, expertise, and authority.
- Communication skills. Able to clearly and simply present complex or conceptual issues – both orally and written.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback. Ability to deal with brutal facts, unpleasant news, and difficult situations. Is honest with others and expects others to be honest.
- High standards. Expect personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills. Let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints. Listens to understand.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Education and Experience
- Expert competence in Microsoft Office tools particularly high-level Excel functionality.
- BA or BS required with material exposure to Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting, Science and/or Finance. Masters is desirable but not required.
- Non-profit or financial services experience is desirable.
- 3 or more years of experience in programmatic development and evaluation are desirable.
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
We offer the following benefits to employees who work part-time or more:
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matched 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A great work environment
- Remote or hybrid work options for several roles