Company: Growth Partners Arizona
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Growth Partners Arizona (GPAz) https://www.growthpartnersaz.org/ is a federally certified, nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) headquartered in Tucson, Arizona. It has become a catalyst for attracting federal, state, and local funding to support qualified nonprofit and small business borrowers that create jobs and economic opportunities in underserved communities across Arizona. GPAz is a supporting organization and is closely aligned with Business Development Finance Corporation https://www.bdfc.com, an Arizona economic development entity and U.S. Small Business Administration Certified Development Company formed in 1979.
The mission of GPAz is to provide accessible, fair, and responsible loans and technical support to Arizona nonprofits and underserved small businesses outside the economic mainstream, thereby creating change in distressed communities to improve the lives and economic wellbeing of Arizona residents. GPAz does this by providing flexible loans to qualified borrowers and through technical assistance to businesses and nonprofit organizations to help strengthen their financial sustainability. Through ten years of operations, GPAz has grown and stabilized, developed an impressive reputation, and received strong support from regional business and philanthropic leaders. GPAz has made $5.5 million in loans with zero losses, and each year provides hundreds of technical assistance hours.
GPAz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender identity, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
The Board of Directors is recruiting an Executive Director to provide strategic, entrepreneurial leadership that will build the GPAz brand and take the organization to the next level. This position is the public face of GPAz and works extensively with investors and funders, industry members, small business owners, nonprofit leaders, and government officials.
The successful candidate will have excellent leadership skills combined with an entrepreneurial can-do spirit. They must have strong financial management skills, an ability to secure funding through grants, investors and other partners, and the energy to execute a strategic vision for growth. This position provides an amazing leadership opportunity to have influence and make an impact on economic development across the state.
Organizational Leadership – Drive Revenues and Build the Brand
- Continually identify opportunities and partnerships to advance the GPAz mission through networking, community contacts, and industry research
- Maintain and implement the strategic plan developed in collaboration with the board of directors to advance GPAz’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, impact, and organizational growth
- Expand the pool of investors and grants to build the loan pool
- Drive lending activity and lending revenues
- Oversee staff and operations and ensure compliance with CDFI regulations
Board of Directors – Collaborate and Communicate
- Work with the board and committee chairs to plan and prepare agendas
- Provide the board with information and reports to facilitate sound decision making
- Participate in board committees and implement board directives
- Maintain organizational records (by-laws, articles, minutes, contracts, etc.)
Financial Management – Core Responsibilities
- Prepare an annual budget for board approval and provide progress reports
- Manage $800K annual budget and build annual revenue and reserves to sustain growth
- Review financial statements, prepare activity reports to determine progress toward objectives, and revise plans in accordance with current conditions
- Prepare quarterly reports to funders and community stakeholders summarizing expenditures and impacts
- Provide grant writing, reporting, and monitoring
- Manage lending operations to achieve targeted growth in loan volume
- Facilitate and oversee innovation and development of new or expanded loan or technical assistance products
Public and Community Relations
- Represent GPAz at public meetings, conferences, and formal functions to develop relationships and generate partnerships to advance the GPAz strategic plan
- Promote GPAz to local, regional, and national constituencies
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials, community leaders, and national trade contacts
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to convey the GPAz mission and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Successful supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government, the private sector, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Arizona resident, able to work and manage staff remotely, with office space available in Tucson
- Flexible schedule and periodic overnight travel
- Strong knowledge of the community development industry preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is $85K-$115K – DOQ
Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401K benefits available
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to GPAz.firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be acknowledged.
Position open until filled.