Company: Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC)
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Job Function: Project Management
Founded in 1978, RCAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides training, technical and financial resources and advocacy so low-income rural communities can achieve their goals and visions. For more than 40 years, our dedicated staff and active board, motivated by our core values: leadership, collaboration, commitment, quality and integrity, have helped effect positive change in rural communities across the West.
Executive Services supports the CEO in all areas related to achieving RCAC’s major goals and objectives serving rural communities and organizations across its region. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Services provides support and coordination to board members. Executive Services also works closely with the COO, CFO and Senior Leadership Team, coordinating schedules and workflow related to the CEO and board’s needs and requirements. Coordinating the CEO’s schedule and travel, while professionally communicating with a variety of RCAC stakeholders, is a critical component of Executive Services.
The Executive Assistant performs high-level clerical functions to process and maintain confidential correspondence, records, board documents and other support for the CEO and Senior Leadership Team with accuracy and attention to detail.
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation process. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the executive calendar with constant rescheduling while navigating competing priorities and attendee schedules
- Make travel arrangements for Board of Directors and CEO
- Submit Board of Directors and CEO travel vouchers
- Coordinate on-site activities, as requested, with CEO and Events Department
- Attend all board meetings and record minutes
- Collect, collate and distribute board packets
- Prepare meeting minutes, confidential correspondence and documents
- Prepare and proofread emails, agendas and minutes
- Prepare presentations for CEO, as needed
- Maintain files
- Set up conference calls and meetings
- Serve as public relations contact
- Maintain and schedule appointments for Senior Leadership Team meetings, board meetings, conferences and travel agendas for CEO and board members.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office Suite
- High proficiency with the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Effectively listen and communicate both verbally and in writing
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Take initiative to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Organize and prioritize work to meet established timelines
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Comfortable and working with a diverse range of individuals
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office requires the ability to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, including telephone. Use may be moderate (average two hours per day) to heavy (four or more hours per day)
While performing this position’s duties, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; talk; hear; use hand to finger; handle; feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position also requires moderate (up to two days per month) to heavy (up to 10 days per month) automobile and airline travel, including overnight travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A combination of experience and education is necessary to qualify for the position. A typical qualifying combination would be:
Three years of applicable experience in jobs that have included word processing and a variety of administrative duties (education may be substituted for the experience).
Associate degree (additional qualifying experience may be substituted).
Compensation and Benefits
$30.74 – $33.95