Company: ATS Partners
Location: Remote, All
Job Function: Financial Services
- The program is jointly sponsored by Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF), Civic Builders, Level Field, and Afton; organizations that work to ensure school finances and real estate are not a barrier to a great education. See additional information below:
- Equitable Facilities Fund (eqfund.org) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to transform capital access for schools and communities. Since launching in 2018, EFF has committed nearly $1 billion of affordable facility financing to schools that excel in serving low-income and diverse communities. EFF empowers high-performing public charter schools with equitable access to low-cost financing by innovatively combining mission-related investments and capital markets. Loans from EFF support affordable, permanent school facilities and allow school leaders to redirect critical resources to teaching and learning. By 2028, the organization seeks to make over $3B in loans to support over 200,000 students and significantly improve the quality of education offered to students across the US.
- Civic Builders (civicbuilders.org) is the nation’s leading nonprofit lender and developer, bringing high-quality educational opportunities to under-resourced communities through the development of public charter schools. Since 2002, the organization has supported the growth of dozens of schools educating more than tens of thousands of students annually. Civic Builders partners with philanthropists and capital providers to design and manage affordable, new financing and development solutions for high-quality schools. As a nonprofit organization with two decades of experience, Civic Builders’ portfolio represents $1.45 billion invested into economically distressed communities to ensure all students have access to safe, positive, and student-centered learning environments.
- Level Field Partners (levelfieldpartners.com) works with high-quality charter school operators across the country to enable cost-effective access to first-class facilities. Level Field Partners is committed to providing real estate and related financing solutions aligned solely with the interests of charter school operators. Collectively, the Level Field Partners team has dedicated nearly 70+ years of experience supporting high-performing charter schools. LFP’s dedication and deep sector expertise is evidenced by numerous charter school facilities projects, representing more than $1.1B in total project costs and 4.2MM+ square feet of educational space in 25+ states across 70+ projects.
- Afton Partners (aftonpartners.com) creates meaningful change in our communities by transforming public policies and practices so they are effective, sustainable, and serve those who need it most. By partnering with public agencies and nonprofits in K-12 education, workforce development, early childhood, and human services, Afton builds capacity, strengthens governance, and ensures resources are aligned and equitably distributed. Afton is a nationwide leader in charter school financial planning services. We have worked with more than 70 charter school networks of all sizes, from single-site operators just getting started to the largest charter school organizations in the country. Our work with charter schools improves school resource allocation decision making, informs school facility and school growth planning, and strengthens leadership and governance on fiscal matters.
Education Finance Analyst Program (“EFA Program”) Overview
- The Education Finance Analyst Program (“EFA Program”) is a collaborative effort between Equitable Facilities Fund (“EFF”), Civic Builders (“Civic”), Level Field Partners (“Level Field”) and Afton Partners (“Afton”) to recruit and train early-stage professionals to succeed in mission-driven financial services roles. Through this two-year program, participants will address one of the biggest challenges that public charter schools face in their efforts to promote educational equity: securing affordable long-term facilities. Each participant will serve in a full-time, salaried role as an Investment Analyst at one of the four sponsor organizations in support of critical work undertaken by these leading partners in the sector. The role will be supported by a joint training program designed to foster mission alignment, understanding of the education sector, development of technical skills, and other ongoing enrichment. The EFA Program is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
To learn more about the program, please visit the EFA page here: https://bit.ly/efaprogram
- The EFA Program is a 24-month full-time salaried position that provides participants an exceptional opportunity to work in mission-driven financial services organizations.
- Analysts will participate in a range of learning experiences including a 4 week training program focused on basic financial and underwriting skills as well as knowledge building in areas of education reform and charter school facilities.
- Participants will have opportunities to engage in peer-to-peer collaboration with other Analysts including cross-organizational training, program events, and communities of practice.
- Participants will be invited to attend guest speaker events and site visits to schools and other impact-oriented organizations.
Education Finance Analyst Position Overview
Who You Are
- You believe all children deserve a quality education. You want to promote opportunity for children across the US and believe education and financial access are critical to the success of flourishing communities.
- You are intrigued by numbers and finances. You will support the partners’ efforts to analyze charter school operating finances and underwrite and structure charter school facilities solutions (loans and leases) for high-quality operators. Analyzing financial statements to assess charter schools’ financial position and creditworthiness will be essential to your team’s overall decision-making process.
- Analyzing data is part of your work. You enjoy collecting, analyzing, and aggregating financial, academic, and impact data which will support financial decision-making, underwriting decisions, and portfolio monitoring.
- You are an effective communicator. You’re capable of developing various types of communications and materials for varied audiences and purposes. You know when materials need to demonstrate informative analysis and when inspirational, mission-aligned content is the best approach. You get excited about creating content that communicates effectively to board members, funders, and investors.
- Special projects are your thing. You enjoy being part of the team and supporting your team members in undertaking research, strategic projects, and special initiatives on an ad-hoc basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; business or finance-oriented majors are welcomed
- 0 – 2+ years of professional relevant experience including internships or full-time work
- Passion for the program’s mission to support high-quality education options and financial access for under-resourced communities
- Demonstrated interest in financial statement analysis, quantitative problem-solving, and credit concepts (can be demonstrated through work, internship, or academic experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Google Suite equivalents
- Exemplary writing and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and desire to seek innovative solutions to complex challenges
- A high degree of integrity, authenticity, and a good sense of humor
- These are remote or hybrid opportunities. EFF, Civic, Level Field, and Afton team members are mostly virtual, and many are based in the mid-west and east coast.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time (may vary depending on the organization analysts are placed with) (i.e. school site visits, periodically visiting the office, conferences)
Compensation and Benefits
- *NYC is at the upper end of the range; other cities adjusted for cost of living. For more information about Location and Salary details for each participating organization, visit this link: https://eqfund.org/efa-partner-details/