Company: New Hampshire Community Loan Fund
Location: Concord, NH
Job Function: Public Relations
The New Hampshire Community Loan Fund, a community development financial institution founded in 1983, is nationally recognized as an innovator in the field of community development finance and has a rich history of providing access to capital to achieve home ownership, business growth, climate solutions, sustainable agriculture, child care, and cooperatives that secure and protect access to affordable housing.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion have always been keys to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for improving people’s lives.
The Policy and Advocacy Director is responsible for leading the Community Loan Fund’s state and federal legislative advocacy efforts, including developing, advancing, and implementing the organization’s policy strategy, managing relationships with elected officials and regulatory agencies, and building effective engagement by staff.
The person in this position will build partnerships and facilitate campaigns to protect and strengthen affordable homeownership and other opportunities that benefit traditionally underserved people.
- Identify and cultivate key relationships with elected and appointed officials and staff; serve as the organization’s primary liaison with local, state, and federal government
- Represent the Community Loan Fund during the legislative session and travel to Washington, D.C., as needed.
- Monitor, evaluate, research, and respond to local, state, and federal policy developments and issues, including legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Advance government relations at the state and federal levels to create an environment conducive to advancing the Community Loan Fund’s mission and position as a voice at the table in issues affecting affordable housing, business, and nonprofit lending, solar energy, and other areas of impact.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines, including fair lending and ethical behavior.
- Displays insight, creativity, and
- Exhibits vision, passion, and
- Reacts well under pressure; shows ownership and sound judgment in decision-making, including others in the process as appropriate.
- Acts in accordance with the Community Loan Fund’s mission, vision, and
- Thinks both big-picture and
- Understands audience and power dynamics and tailors communication
- Not discouraged by ambiguity and able to provide
- Champions new ideas and
- Gives and welcomes constructive feedback and is open to differing
- Fosters team cooperation, support for ideas, and group problem-
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range begins at $80,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to the Community Loan Fund at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.