Locations: Boston, MA; , Remote
Job Function: Marketing/PR
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into initiatives solving global and local challenges. We manage a fast-growing impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change. We work with many leading financial institutions in the $234 billion donor advised fund market, including Fidelity Charitable, Vanguard Charitable, Morgan Stanley GIFT, and National Philanthropic Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source and implement impact investments that meet the needs of financial advisors, donor advised fund sponsors and their clients, foundations, asset management institutions, and more.
Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. Our team combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture with the goal of mobilizing capital for social and environmental change. We are committed to building a diverse, talented team of young leaders in the impact investment space.
Do you have a successful track record of establishing a distinct identity for a company in financial service or philanthropy?
We are seeking a purpose-driven marketing professional to bring our brand to life and inspire our clients.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated team. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Serve as CapShift’s brand visionary and storyteller in chief. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining clear, consistent, focused messaging for our three key target audiences – financial advisors, high net worth individuals & families, and donor advised fund providers. This person will lead CapShift’s content marketing efforts by delivering swoonworthy thought leadership and engaging short form content in partnership with our team. Should also have experience creating case studies, videos, sales decks, collateral, impact reports, and other marketing pieces that engage current and prospective clients.
- Build a robust pipeline of prospective clients in close partnership with the business development team. This person will lead our efforts to attract and nurture prospective clients into and through the sales pipeline. This person should have experience writing engaging campaign content; building, managing, and measuring automated sales campaigns; and using the data from these efforts to consistently improve our ability to move prospective clients through the sales funnel.
- Lead our efforts to engage and deepen relationships with current clients. In partnership with our client servicing team, serve as our key client facing marketing strategist. Responsible for creating collateral, messaging, marketing materials, and providing overall marketing support to help our donor advised fund providers and financial advisors roll out the CapShift program to their clients. Will provide ongoing program support to our clients by continuously developing creative and engaging campaigns our clients can use to attract more of their clients to CapShift’s products and services.
- Serve as a member of CapShift’s leadership and growth strategy team. This person will lead a team of marketers, contractors, and external vendors to deliver on the firm’s marketing goals and priorities. This will include overseeing functions such as PR, social media, brand design, advertising, and website content. They will also serve as a strategic advisor to the executive team and other leaders across the business on marketing strategy and tactics as well as mentor young professionals across the business.
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience; preferably in financial services, impact investing, or philanthropy
- Experience being in a customer facing role and managing client deliverables
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Desire to work in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Proactive, thoughtful, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, and able to effectively communicate across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, as well as marketing automation and analytical tools a plus
Compensation and Benefits
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the business. You can learn more about us by visiting www.capshift.com
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject Director of Marketing to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.