Company: City First Bank, N.A.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Marketing/PR
City First Bank N.A. is a mission-driven Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) principally focused on a transformative impact in underserved, urban markets with the highest needs to drive equitable economic development. Our lending activities are purely commercial and focused on the following segments: Multifamily Affordable Housing, Not-for-Profit Finance, and Small Business Finance. As a depository and commercial lending provider with over $1.2 billion in bank assets as of September 30, 2022, our unified organization has over 100 employees in Washington DC and Los Angeles/Inglewood, CA.
The position of Director of Marketing & Communications will report to the Chief of Staff supporting i) corporate brand identity, ii) storytelling and amplification of our why, mission, impact, and values internally and externally through diverse channels and formats, iii) strategic communications across stakeholder groups, topics, and formats (executive, strategy, culture, partnership formation and deepening), iv) engagement with and amplifications of strategic affiliations and partnerships (GABV, B Corp, CDFI, MDI), v) engagement with and amplifications of community development partnerships (housing, health, education, racial wealth gap, and environmental justice) and vi) project management/organization of new and ongoing initiatives. Ability to be resourceful in build out of marketing and communications function and organized in planning the cadence for identified efforts. This role will further hone City First Bank’s messaging, centering on the vision of our founders and the leadership of our CEO as well as the commercial customer focus of the bank. This role will also help the bank prioritize marketing and communication initiatives, channels, and engagement in support of our corporate goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing & Communications
- Provide research to support the development and implementation of strategic marketing and business development strategies for the individual business units, identifying geographic and product niches to enhance the Bank’s growth and profitability.
- Coordinate the development of marketing with staff and vendors for all Bank marketing materials, websites, ad campaigns, corporate newsletters, press releases, and annual reports. Coordinate the management of digital marketing and social media.
- Develops annual marketing plan in support of our strategic priorities and corporate goals; develops annual budget for Marketing monitoring/tracking budget-to-actual variances. Executes against plan.
- Oversees City First Bank’s social media strategy and monitors its social media presence (i.e. LinkedIn, etc.).
- Oversees all content of the Bank’s website and updated on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and execute marketing campaigns in collaboration with vendors, ensuring adherence to timelines, budget, and brand guidelines (manage all activities related to trademarks, copyrights, and branding to ensure style guides are adopted across the bank).
- Manages media to generate, oversee, and disseminate to the various sources non-financial press releases, monitors / tracks and communicates all publicity on City First Bank, manage pipeline of marketing opportunities
- Builds out marketing and communication governance to ensure consistent messaging, leadership alignment, and regulatory compliance
- Assesses effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies and report to senior leadership.
- Oversees CFB’s editorial calendar and brand image, trust, and loyalty as an employer of choice, market leader, and authority on community development – from the inside out – to generate an integrated, cohesive, mission-driven market presence.
- Develops and maintains process and inventory for telling our impact story across stakeholders & channels.
- Participate in the development of new products and services and coordinate the development of related marketing strategies.
- Monitor campaign performance, analyze data, and provide regular reports to vendors and internal stakeholders, identifying areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Public & Government Relations
- Assist in the development of special events, to include conferences, forums, panel discussions, seminars, sponsorships, and cause-related marketing, for Bank events and for events in partnership with local government and community organizations.
- Oversees, plans, coordinates, monitors/tracks bank marketing events
- Serve as a liaison with local governments in the DMV and with teammates in California for community outreach to build and maintain public/private partnerships with local government agencies, especially those responsible for housing and community development.
- Represent the Bank on selected Boards and Committees with local non-profit organizations and local government agencies: develop opportunities for referrals to Bank business units.
- Participates in contributions and sponsorship process.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing leadership role, with a focus on communications, public relations, and conference planning.
- 5+ years of marketing and communications experience within banking/financial services industry.
- Experience in website design, digital marketing, and social media.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Marketing Project Management experience.
- Not applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of online/social media channels to include strategies, content, and design.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in writing press releases and marketing copy.
- Demonstrated experience in working with vendors and negotiating with media.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external.
- Must be a strong communicator, copywriter & proofer. Diligent attention to details.
- Essential understanding of market research, product development, advertising, and public relations.
- Knowledge of core and peripheral systems of a financial institution or financial business-related company
- Mission oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and to work extended hours if needed.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong leadership experience.
- Strong connections with local community organizations and local government.
Compensation and Benefits
$130,000 – $140,000 Annually.