Company: Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Connect passion with purpose. Are you a go getter and looking to do rewarding and impactful work? Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs (ACE) is a 24-year Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that gives small businesses a chance when others can’t or won’t. ACE supports small business owners that others will not by providing economic development to underserved communities and people. This includes women, low-to-moderate income and small business owners of color that have historically, and continue today, to lack equitable, inclusive access to capital. Since ACE’s first loan in 2000, we have provided over $200 million in capital to small businesses, assisted more than 2,600 entrepreneurs, and helped them create or retain over 21,000 Georgia jobs.
The Director of Lending is responsible for supervising sales activity that results in mission based and quality loan production. This position motivates a team of loan officers and develops strategies to ensure that goals of capital deployment and programmatic impact are met. He/She also leads business development for lending and cultivates key strategic partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and supervise high-functioning lending teams.
- Oversee implementation of strategies to deploy loan capital that aligns with ACE’s mission and goals, and, when necessary, meets the specific requirements of capital providers.
- Develop loan products to address critical needs and opportunities in the small business realm that aligns with ACE’s mission, as well as annual and strategic plan goals.
- Ensure loan officers provide accurate and timely data in ACE technology and CRM.
- Analyze ACE data and use internal and external reports for marketing strategy, business development and product development.
- Lead business development activities.
- Respond to loan inquiries, conduct early due diligence of select loan inquiries, explore loan feasibility, and structure complex deals, or oversee these functions as provided by loan officers.
- Ensure compliance with Loan Policies and Procedures, compliance standards and other ACE policies.
- Ensure that the loan officers maintain updated knowledge and understanding of ACE’s loan policies and procedures.
- Support training and professional development of loan officers to provide opportunities to build skills and experience.
- Work with Chief Credit Officer on the determination of overall loan portfolio composition and the management of concentrations.
- Maintain and develop relationships with financial partners, banks and loan funds and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for partnerships.
- Collaborate with credit team to provide balanced and appropriate credit guidance and in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Manage and assign available credit enhancement products and programs to promote credit tools that enable ACE to reach businesses that may not meet all ACE underwriting criteria.
- Serve as a positive and visible representative of ACE with audiences and partners throughout the state.
- Attend ACE meetings, educational and marketing events, and programs, including special events, to develop strategic relationships.
- Drive to and from business centers and client businesses as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Minimum 10 years of credit sales/underwriting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Exceptional knowledge of complex deal structuring including solid financial analysis skills.
- Strong people skills with emphasis on relationship building both internally and with clients and prospects.
- Advanced communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise correspondence.
- Capability to manage various relationships independently and proactively and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Enthusiastic team player and builder.
- A creative and innovative strategic thinker.
- Ability to inspire other staff, support positive ACE culture and exemplify ACE ethics and values.
- CDFI or mission-based lending experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience
Generous PTO and Holidays
Medical, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
Hybrid work environment
Simple Plan IRA with 3% Match
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@aceloans.org Use job title “Director of Lending” in the subject line.
Application deadline is February 26, 2024.