Company: AHC Inc
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Function: Fundraising
AHC is actively developing affordable, workforce, and mixed-income rental housing in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland and currently owns over 8,000 apartment units in more than 50 communities. AHC’s Resident Services team provides various educational programs and social services to help our residents build stronger futures.
AHC Inc. seeks an experienced results-oriented fundraiser who is strategic, creative, collaborative, and can meet assigned annual fundraising goals. We are looking for individuals with a strong entrepreneurial drive coupled with intense curiosity and creativity.
About the Team:
The Community Relations Department provides fundraising and communications services for AHC Inc. and its subsidiaries, AHC Greater Baltimore. The Department manages all aspects of AHC’s fundraising program including major donors, direct mail appeals, corporate contributions, and government and foundation grants. Our fundraising supports all AHC projects and our Resident Services so that it can provide high-quality on-site educational programs and social services for residents living in AHC’s affordable rental housing communities.
About the Job:
The Director will lead the organization’s grantmaking efforts by building successful proposals including securing grants from foundations and federal, state, and local government entities and meeting all grant reporting requirements. The Director will develop and execute annual and long-term strategic plans toward growing revenue from institutional funders.
- Evaluate grant opportunities from private foundations and public entities and builds successful proposals, raising over $5M per year.
- Supervise a part-time grant writer and several consultants to meet proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Lead internal collaboration to create winning proposals and meet all grant requirements.
- Cultivate external relationships with funders to promote AHC’s work and support all organizational fundraising efforts.
- Ten plus of fundraising experience, preferably in corporate fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree with supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven track record of successful grant writing.
- A highly organized individual with strong time management skills and proven ability to organize and manage multiple complex projects.
- Collaborative work style with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and grant database software such as Grant Hub.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about AHC by visiting our website www.ahcinc.org.