Director of Impact Reporting & Data Management
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Investment
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together.
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Since 1979, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $29.7 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact on the communities we care about while achieving sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique power of LISCs local office presence combined with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful combination for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders within LISC. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, the Strategic Investments team is ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet fund investments. Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The LISC Fund Management team has been organized into functional expertise groups that lead and support the activities necessary to design, raise, deploy, and manage Impact Funds. Those functional groups are listed below:
- Fund Design & Modeling – initial fund concept design and modeling, market testing
- Fund Development – raising money from investors for the fund
- Fund Deployment – creating the investment origination strategy and managing the underwriting and investment process
- Fund Performance & Measurement – asset manages commercial real estate and small business investments, administers the cash and servicing operations of the funds, and supports financial and impact reporting.
- Small Business Loan Funds – creates the investment strategy and manages the small business loan funds.
In LISC Fund Management (LFM), we are charged with coordinating the development, investment in, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, LFM will be ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet lending, coordinating the efforts of relevant teams to ensure the overall organization understands who is playing what role and executes on the overall strategy. This positions reports to the Senior Director of Fund Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
- Operational & Process Improvements:
- Proactively establish and refine policies and procedures that organize the team’s efforts related to collection, data management, and impact reporting ensuring accuracy and efficiency on tasks executed.
- Proactively interact with LISC Fund Management and LISC (parent) to apply “lessons learned” to guide future funds and investments.
- Participate in process improvement, integration projects, and new product rollouts.
- Impact Reporting
- Work with Fund Design, Investor Relations, and Marketing to identify impact metrics by fund.
- Synthesize impact data from different LISC Fund Management teams to ensure accurate data by each quarter-end.
- Track and compile standard investor reports in collaboration with the Investor Relations team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide a one-stop shop for LISC Fund Management teams to request data for internal and external use.
- Data Management
- Integrate technology into our processes and data gathering methods to establish an accurate, single source of verified information.
- Manage and update the reporting and data visualization platform.
- Create metadata report for all data gathered within LISC Fund Management.
- Support internal teams with ongoing data requests from LFM Board, LISC, partners, and funders.
- Work with internal teams and LISC IT to develop integrated reporting and data management solution for LISC Fund Management, offer recommendations for process improvements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Operational & Process Improvements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred bachelor’s degree in data science, finance, business, real estate management, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of non-consumer lending experience, required.
- Working knowledge of real estate and/or business lending required.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to self-manage daily activities and deadlines
- Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making, time management, organizational, follow-up and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel (e.g. If/then statements, pivot tables) required.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary; salary commensurate with experience and location) and excellent fringe benefits. This position is expected to travel less than once a month, up to 15% annually.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application using this link