Company: Justine PETERSEN
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Function: Finance
Justine PETERSEN Housing and Reinvestment Corporation’s mission is to connect institutional resources with the needs of low- to moderate-income families so they can build long- term assets. Justine PETERSEN (JP) achieves this goal through its products, which include credit building and financial education, homeownership preparation and retention, and micro-enterprise lending and training. Our people-centered financing breaks barriers and economic divides by building equity, wealth, and financial freedom for diverse families and neighborhoods. JP is a Missouri not-for-profit 501(c) (3) corporation and wholly owns a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury.
This job might be for you if:
You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn them quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
You’re a self-starter. You are self-confident. Armed with knowledge of your job and organization you are always looking to make things better for your clients and team.
You are a problem solver. You might not know the answer yourself, but you’re going to figure it out.
You pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
You might not be a tech wiz, but you learn new programs quickly.
You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating via email and on the phone.
You can work in an open and lively office.
- Be Responsible for Agency and Program Budgets
- Coordinate Annual Budgeting Progress
- Track income and expenses against approved budget, work with COO to adjust budget as required
- Maintain all capital (debt/equity) instruments and legal documents
- Maintain accurate debt schedule
- Request and account for all loan draws and disbursements
- Pay all capital invoices from appropriate account in a timely manner
- Coordinate Capital Renewal
- Monitor asset-liability match between loan portfolio and capital source
- Monitor and make recommendations for cash management
- Track program allocation of income and expenses
- Track restricted/ unrestricted income and deferred revenue
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and present for Board
- Prepare audit schedules and maintain relationship with auditing firm
- Manage and Cross Train Finance Department of five staff members
- Grants Management
- Prepare financial projections, budgets and budget justifications for grant applications as needed
- Prepare grant reports for federal and other funders as needed
- Monitor expenses and request reimbursement from federal and other funders
- Monitor grant salary allocations
- Compliance and Consumer Loan Licensing
- Manage all state and federal registrations
- Oversee required filings to obtain and keep consumer loan licenses current
- Review examination results and implement updated compliance procedures to ensure successful licensing exams with Compliance Manager. Lead exam responses.
- Update Consumer Loan Summary spreadsheet as necessary
- Work with outside counsel to conduct consumer licensing research in new states.
- Other Duties as Assigned
You must have at least a Bachelor’s degree and at least fifteen years of experience in public accounting. CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: 95,000 – $110,000
How to Apply
Apply today at: https://justinepetersen.org/get-involved/job-opportunities/