Director of Finance
Company: North Park University
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Function: Finance
Founded in 1891 by the Evangelical Covenant Church, North Park University is located on Chicago’s north side and enrolls nearly 3,000 students across all levels of degrees offered. North Park seeks to prepare students for lives of significance and service through education in the liberal arts, professional studies, and theology. The University’s academic programs and learning environments are informed by three distinctives:
- Christian: We nurture faith, balancing commitment, and freedom.
- City-centered: We engage Chicago as a dynamic place of learning and service.
- Intercultural: We embrace and value all people, celebrate the global cultural tapestry, and support the reconciling mandate of the Christian gospel.
Building on these distinctives, the institution seeks to create a university of uncommon character and enduring excellence where faith, learning, and service meet.
North Park University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
North Park University, in Chicago, Illinois, seeks an executive finance professional to serve as Director of Finance (a.k.a. Comptroller). This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration/CFO and work closely with the director level senior management team, and members of the Board’s Finance Committee. The Director of Finance will oversee the university’s finance and accounting operations with 3 direct reports (Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, Senior Accountant, and Staff Accountant.)
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing financial transaction processing, recording, and reporting, ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place and followed. The Director will prepare and monitor institutional budgets and cash flow including payables, and receivables accounting. The Director will ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws as well as legal agreements and contracts with donors, vendors, and other financial stakeholders. In addition, the Director will oversee the General Ledger and fund accounting and will coordinate annual audits with public accountants and manage all tax matters including documentation and reporting to relevant agencies and departments.
Additionally, the Director of Finance will be a key strategist, working closely with the Vice President of Finance and Administration/CFO on the University’s short-term and long-term financial management. A true collaborator, the Director of Finance will have a thorough understanding of financial flow and what drives finances at North Park University.
Some specific requirements include:
- A personal commitment to North Park’s mission of diversity and Christian higher education.
- 7 years of work experience in financial and accounting management roles, preferably in higher education.
- Financial and accounting acumen, knowledge of latest GAAP standards, and IRS regulations impacting Universities.
- Experience working with Colleague financial software is preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline; Advanced Degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be determined based on experience and skills within the range of $120,000 – $140,000. Full-time employees are eligible for generous benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, sick days, and holidays, as well as spousal/dependent tuition benefits.
How to Apply
For further information and TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://bit.ly/North-Park-University_Director-of-Finance