Company: Southern Bancorp Community Partners
Location: Little Rock, AR
Job Function: Business Development
A Different Kind of Bank
From our mission to our markets, Southern Bancorp is a unique financial institution that was founded to help strengthen underserved communities through financial access and investment. By combining traditional banking and lending services with financial development tools ranging from credit counseling to public policy advocacy, Southern Bancorp helps underserved families and communities grow financially stronger – regardless of zip code.
Southern Bancorp’s mission is to create economic opportunity in underserved communities by providing responsible, responsive, and innovative financial products and services that balance profits with purpose.
The Director of Asset Building Programs has primary responsibility for providing strategic and operational direction and leadership to SBCP’s new and current asset building and financial development programs including credit and housing counseling, volunteer income tax assistance, and matched savings. This role will be heavily involved in development of new programs. As part of the senior leadership team for SBCP, this position works closely with the President and directors of public policy, lending, and finance and assists with developing the overall strategic direction established by the Southern Bancorp Community Partners Board of Directors. The position can be based in any location within the Southern market footprint.
- Direct and manage new and current program development, improvement, expansion, and impact analysis in alignment with the SBCP strategic plan and Southern priorities.
- Direct and manage all aspects of most of the SBCP programs, including but not limited to the individual development account, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, housing and credit counseling programs, to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and nurture relationships with program and organizational partners, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership on asset building, both within footprint and nationally.
- Provide strategic direction for program development and impact analysis.
- Manage staff and volunteers including hiring, goal setting, performance management, and corrective action.
- Provide written and oral reports as needed on impact and finances to the board, funders, and other stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will have at least bachelors degree or equivalent with 5 years of experience or at least 10 years of experience.
- Must have had direct experience as a housing counselor, credit counselor, or financial educator or have worked with similar asset building programs.
- This position requires strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to analyze problems and make clear recommendations, management skills, and the ability to meet internal and external deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
What we offer our employees:
A positive impact on Your Future:
- 401(k)/Roth plan with immediate eligibility and employer match up to 6%
- Employee stock ownership plan
- 1% employee home loan
- Credit and housing counseling as well as free financial education tools available to customers and employees
Benefits to improve your health:
- No deductible medical insurance plan
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
The opportunity to nurture your well-being:
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Bonus plan
- Opportunity for merit raises
- Employee reward and recognition programs
- Community service opportunities
How to Apply
Submit your application at www.banksouthern.com/careers