Company: Cinnaire Corporation
Locations: Lansing, All; Detroit, All; Grand Rapids, All; Chicago, All; Indianapolis, All; Madison, All; Wilmington, All
Job Function: Financial Services
WHO WE ARE
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
WHAT WE DO
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of strong, vibrant communities.
HOW WE DO IT
We help community development organizations, lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
WHERE WE SERVE
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI:, Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Director, CDFI Grant Funding is responsible for the successful management and day-to-day operations of the CDFI Grant Funding Team overseeing our CDFI grants, specifically Capital Magnet Funds. The Director is responsible for reporting, deployment, applications, talent development and continuous process and systems improvements for the team. In addition, the Director is responsible for collaborating with other Cinnaire business lines and functional areas to ensure program metrics and deployment are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to Public Funding team members to ensure all CDFI Fund grant requirements are met.
- Manages consultants engaged to support grant applications.
- Manages grant proposal development in collaboration with Public Funding Team and other Cinnaire team members.
- Leads CDFI Grant Funding Team and collaborates with various other Cinnaire teams (Cinnaire Community Connection, Business Development, Cinnaire Lending) on opportunities to deploy various CDFI Fund dollars.
- Monitors and communicates reporting related to deployment goals.
- Oversees compliance, tracking, and reporting functions for Capital Magnet Fund awards.
- Provides support to Cinnaire Lending for maintenance of CDFI certification.
- Reviews tracking of all loan data related to CDFI grants.
- Department Leadership
- Stays ahead/on top of CDFI industry changes in relation to CDFI industry and grant funding sources.
- Leads process improvement opportunities for grant programs.
- Develops department goals and monitors progress in achieving those goals.
- Evaluates and continually -updates policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate finance, economics, business, accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in real estate development or finance.
- Knowledge and multiple years’ experience working with Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and community development field preferred.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Maintains sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and capacity for detail.
- Strong writing skills and analytical ability.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing the collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
- Leadership Development: Coaches and develops others by seeking to understand their strengths and development areas.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws up knowledge and professional judgement to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Vice President, Public Funding
Supervisory Relationship: Program Manager, Public Funding
- The ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 5%
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive compensation package.
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Mobile Phone Service, Unlimited PTO, Incentive Compensation, 403(b) Plan, and Profit-Sharing Plan.