Company: Vital Healthcare Capital
Locations: New York, NY; Raleigh, NC
Job Function: Business Development
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is a not-for-profit CDFI dedicated to strengthening quality healthcare in low-income communities. We finance community health centers and behavioral health organizations, advocate for health equity including good healthcare jobs, and build partnerships to strengthen communities in need.
Our lending and development services have recently focused on New York, Colorado, and North Carolina. We partner with Self-Help, one of the largest CDFI entities in the country, to bring scalable capital and national reach to the communities we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a foundational priority at V-Cap, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.
V-Cap is headquartered in New York City with team members located in the metro New York City area, Denver CO, and Raleigh NC.
You’ll find a continuous learning environment where each team member’s contributions are highly valued, and you’ll thrive in our small, tight-knit, and growth-oriented organization where ownership of your work, a creative, problem-solving outlook, and a mission-driven orientation matter and make an immediate, meaningful difference.
If you are passionate about making a difference in our world, through strengthening healthcare options to the disadvantaged, consider joining us in our mission to make change happen!
As an experienced business development professional, you will make a meaningful impact, with work that is focused on improving healthcare in low-income and historically disadvantaged communities, with an organization that is determined to make that difference!
Play a key role in the next phase of Vital Healthcare Capital’s (V-Cap) growth, with responsibility for leading the development of V-Cap’s loan portfolio and pipeline, broadening our outreach in current borrower markets, representing V-Cap in new markets, and deploying V-Cap capital to maximize impact on low-income community health and health equity.
V-Cap has a deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as a foundational priority, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.
If you are passionate about making a difference, this role with the V-Cap team is a place where you’ll thrive.
- Leading development of V-Cap’s short-term and long-term lending pipeline;
- Overseeing marketing and outreach to our borrower markets;
- Building long-term collaborative partnerships with potential community health borrowers;
- Completing preliminary analysis of credit issues;
- Structuring pipeline loan transactions to strategically leverage V-Cap’s assets;
- Collaborating with V-Cap’s partner credit administration team for underwriting, credit review, and transaction execution.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in credit/lending/impact or philanthropic investing;
- Academic requirements: MBA, MPA or equivalent; or sufficient comparable career experience;
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge/skills.
- Experience in financial marketing or business development;
- Experience in non-profit finance and management is highly desirable, including for example finance management roles at a community-based organization, or consulting for community based healthcare providers.
Skill sets for success:
- Strong financing knowledge and skills, including ability to structure and adapt financing arrangements for individual transactions
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills necessary for relational marketing, and developing transactions in a partnered and mission-focused model;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in translating financial concepts and products to nonfinance audiences; and responding to the business interests of our community healthcare borrowers;
- Demonstrated capacity for continuous learning related to V-Cap’s domains;
- Mission-driven focus and commitments consistent with V-Cap’s mission.
V-Cap team members share these attributes:
- Self-starters who can work independently and have a strong problem-solving orientation,
- Comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and navigating change while ably representing stakeholders and communities,
- Motivated and curious learners, about the communities we work with, the healthcare system, and lending solutions,
- Driven to contribute financially sound, creative solutions in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape,
- Well-versed in remote/hybrid-based work skills and discipline.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a supportive team, committed to each other and our professional development.
Director Business Development target salary range, depending on experience and skill sets: $120k to $140k
How to Apply
Send your resume to: email@example.com