Company: Capital Good Fund
Location: , All
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty and advance a green economy through inclusive financial services. Good Fund employees are committed to using financial services to transform the lives of those we serve.
This full-time position is an opportunity to help a growing non-profit build strong, sustainable and diverse sources of philanthropic funding as we expand to new markets. The Development Specialist (DS) will aid the Senior Development Manager by researching, summarizing, and organizing grant funding opportunities; tracking individual donor appeals; providing administrative support for the development team; facilitating grant and investment reporting; and supporting other fundraising activities as necessary.
- Research new grant opportunities within our existing footprint and in states we have identified as potential new markets for our programs; preparing background information and overviews of potential funders for the Development Team.
- Occasionally assist the Senior Development Manager in preparing grant applications to private, corporate, and family foundations; major national banks; local foundations; and government agencies.
- Ensure that Google Drive is organized and up-to-date; prepare necessary documents and files for Development Team members.
- Maintain the integrity of the fundraising database, including creating and updating records in Salesforce.com related to grants and individual donations
- Prepare and send thank-you letters to donors in accordance with IRS requirements.
- Record meeting minutes at weekly Development Team meetings and additional meetings as necessary; thoroughly outline identified next steps and conduct follow-up to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner by the appropriate staff member.
- Work with the Accounting Team to keep grant agreements and purposes organized and track receipt of payments.
- Facilitate data analysis and compile reports related to active grants and investments
- Support with projects, as necessary, to improve data management and analysis as it relates to reporting
- Assist Senior Development Manager with:
- interdepartmental communication and adherence to grants management guidelines
- additional tasks as necessary.
- Excellent communication and research abilities
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate and present information in a clear and professional way
- Able to work well independently
- Superior attention to detail
- Data analysis skills
- Experience with grant management and donor research preferred, though not required
- Experience using Google Drive preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Other fundraising experience
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time forty-hour-per-week position. The Development Specialist will earn an annual salary of $44,500.
In addition, the DS will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar employer match of 1% of gross earnings with a contribution of 1%, medical insurance with a $500/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer for routine dental care, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include 14 paid holidays!
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and accompanying résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address the following in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in a development position?
- Why are you interested in joining Capital Good Fund?