Company: Low Income Investment Fund
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Function: Fundraising
Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Atlanta, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C., that invests in communities of opportunity, equity and well-being. As a CDFI, LIIF supports projects that have high social value but lack access to traditional financial institutions. Since 1984, LIIF has deployed more than $3.1 billion to serve more than two million people in communities across the country from its five offices. An S&P-rated organization, LIIF funds healthy communities by providing innovative capital solutions. Currently, LIIF is driving $5 billion in investments to advance racial equity (2020-2030).
More on LIIF can be found at www.liifund.org
Exempt classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Regular, full-time
The Development Officer supports the VP of Development with institutional fundraising and reporting. The candidate will provide strategic input and oversight in grant writing, funder cultivation, funder acquisition, reporting, research and analysis, and project/process management for the department. The Development Officer will be a key contributor to LIIF’s multi-million dollar annual fundraising goal, working with philanthropic, corporate and public funders in support of LIIF’s programs and national activities.
The Development Officer will be a part of a broader internal team at LIIF that includes development, communications, and policy and will work directly with LIIF’s other programs, national lending team and finance team.
The Development Officer reports directly to the VP of Development.
Funder Renewals and New Prospects:
- Lead and assist in writing grant requests to funders including foundations, banks, government, corporations, and others.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating and soliciting new prospects for national and programmatic funding.
- Lead, manage and cultivate regional funder portfolio
- Conduct research and create briefs on current/potential funders, proposing pitches as they intersect with LIIF’s activities.
- Prepare marketing materials and other correspondence on behalf of LIIF for funders.
- Coordinate the involvement of LIIF’s Senior Management Team and Program Staff in fundraising activities.
Reporting and Impact Data Tracking:
- Manage and produce reports to funder and investors per grant and investment reporting requirements, ensuring all reports are thorough, accurate and timely.
- Work across LIIF departments to obtain financial reports, and updates on program/lending activities per reporting requirements.
- Oversee LIIF’s impact reporting systems in Salesforce and utilize Salesforce to run reports that capture impact data as a result of our investments.
- Manages ECE reporting deadlines, works cross departmentally for program based reports.
Process and Project Management:
- Create, Operationalize and manage LIIF’s grant management in Salesforce, tracking all relevant grant activities for the department. Works with IT and Compliance to streamline processes as needed.
- Maintain LIIF’s funder cultivation calendar and grant renewal calendar.
- Manage and maintain funder files
- Project manage key initiatives for the department as needed.
Lead and Support Large RFPs and Government Applications:
- Lead and draft government grant applications as needed by department.
- Conduct research for government RFP responses, providing support for narrative responses and/or data analysis to support opportunities as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- a minimum of four-year college degree and at least three years of progressive nonprofit development or comparable industry work such as community development, sales, for profit fundraising, finance, communications, and/or journalism.
- ideally, s/he should have knowledge of institutional fundraising, government grant opportunities, and/or relationships with foundations, banks, and corporations.
- the ability to collaborate effectively across various LIIF departments and outside of the organization.
- the ability to synthesize multiple complex concepts and analyze research and data to form clear and compelling arguments appropriate for various audiences.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must possess excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Must possess a high degree of self-motivation, dedication, synthetic thinking, and flexibility.
- The people skills needed to succeed in a matrix organization with multiple people engaged in the fundraising process.
- Knowledge of the community development field and basic financial concepts is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, attention to detail, exceptional time management skills and a personal commitment to the goals of LIIF are required.
All Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with LIIF’s policies, we provide reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, to qualified individuals who cannot get vaccinated against COVID-19 because of sincerely held religious or medical reasons. If you believe you need an accommodation from the vaccination mandate required by this policy, please notify our Human Resources Department.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $80,000-90,000 Annually
401k, Medical, Vision, Life, Dental
How to Apply
Please apply with Resume and Cover Letter:
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Low Income Investment Fund does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Low Income Investment Fund shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those
candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Low Income Investment Fund.
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls. Only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
LIIF, an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer), believes that diversity ensures excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or national origin. Candidates of diverse background and with diverse experience are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.