Development Manager, Wisconsin
Location: Madison, WI
Job Function: Business Development
Who we are
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
What we do
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of healthy communities.
How we do it
We help community development organizations; lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
Where we serve
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI; Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Development Manager (DM) is responsible for leading and driving development work in the Wisconsin market and manages project progression and third-party consultants towards that end. The DM works closely with the Vice President – Development and Cinnaire Solutions team on all matters related to the organization’s real estate development work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a robust pipeline of real estate development opportunities that are impactful in the communities that Cinnaire Solutions serves and that help the organization achieve self-sufficiency through fee income.
- Maintains a track record of successful project completion, including the ability to effectively communicate with and manage a third-party team.
- Leads due diligence and project closings in partnership with CS team members.
- Evaluates potential pipeline opportunities, including proforma analysis.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the WHEDA QAP and related funding sources and processes. Lead submittal of tax credit and gap funding sources.
- Compiles pitch packets for investor and lender solicitations.
- Oversees construction progress of active developments, including monitoring of draws and soft funding disbursements.
- Builds relationships with a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial external partnerships.
- Leads timely and efficient progress on projects and works closely with unrelated development partners toward successful and profitable completion.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and support to project teams composed of highly skilled consultants, architects, general contractors, attorneys, accountants, and consultants.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience developing real estate required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in real estate, legal, paralegal, business, or similar degree preferred.
- Four years’ experience in real estate analysis preferred.
- Experience in developing feasibility analyses, creating and managing pro formas, monitoring project budgets and timelines required.
- Knowledge of real estate development best practices related to multi- and single-family affordable housing development and innovative neighborhood planning and community revitalization strategies required.
- Commercial real estate development experience preferred.
- Direct management experience preferred. Indirect management experience required.
- Experience with and working understanding of various CDFI and industry tools (grants, LIHTCs, NMTCs, CDBG, HOME, FHLB-AHP, historic credits, and energy credits) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Office Tools – SharePoint, Dynamics, and Teams – preferred.
- Experience with ESRI, GIS and Adobe Creative Cloud beneficial, but not required.
- Superior level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and displays a sense of urgency.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Perseverance: Accepts uncertainty by remaining focused and engaged on assignments. Looks for plausible solutions to difficult problems.
- Insight to Action: Acts on conviction and advances from concept to implementation toward a goal. Draws upon knowledge and professional judgment to orchestrate the steps required to get results.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Vice President – Development, Cinnaire Solutions
Supervisory Relationship: None.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work on computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 30%
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply