Development Associate / Grant Writer
Company: Bridge Street Development Corporation
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Function: Grant Writer
Bridge Street Development Corporation is a 501c(3) non-profit organization with a mission to provide civic and economic opportunities to the residents of Central Brooklyn with an emphasis on low-to-moderate income residents. We do this by building partnerships with businesses, government, and other community stakeholders. Since 1995, Bridge Street has continuously worked to serve the Bedford Stuyvesant and Central Brooklyn community and has become a trusted provider of information, education, housing and social services, as well as a convener of community engagement activities.
The Development Associate / Grant Writer position is responsible for assisting and
supporting fundraising related activities and operations across all of BSDC’s Program Areas, securing new funding awards and increased revenue, including unrestricted revenue and General Operating Support.
This position is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to write, format, and submit compelling, high-quality grant applications, Letters of Interest (LOIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to multiple funding sources (foundations, corporations, philanthropic organizations, governmental agencies, etc.). The Development Associate / Grant Writer will also collaborate with BSDC’s Senior Leadership Team, Finance, Operations and Program Directors to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, develop supporting documents and maintain funding databases and records.
Proactively research and analyze grant opportunities compatible with BSDC’s mission, values
and programs and making recommendations on their feasibility.
- Track organizational and programmatic funding needs in order to develop, recommend, and implement a grants fundraising strategy and calendar for foundation, government, and corporate sources.
- Draft, edit and submit high quality, compelling LOIs, RFPs, grant proposals, grant reports, and acknowledgement letters.
- Develop and update a library of proposal content, reuse material, organizational overviews, capabilities and presentation documents.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines that outline tasks, assignments, and deadlines; meet all deadlines; facilitate timely communications with leadership and staff; collect grant submission materials from Programs and Finance; obtain required approvals for submission.
- Oversee and track all grant milestones including, but not limited to; proposals in development, proposals submitted to funders, proposals that have been issued or canceled, deliverable deadlines, communication and awards, ensuring that all content is complete and up to date at all times.
- Attend conferences, webinars and grant application informational/training sessions hosted by funders, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, ability to provide a high level of customer service and establish and maintain effective interdepartmental communications and relationships.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in various computer applications including advanced MS Office skills
comprehensive databases, spreadsheets and word processing software. Graphic design, technical documentation and layout skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problemsolving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust, exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Compensation and Benefits
$60,000-$80,000 .. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, with benefits
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all documents as PDFs and write “Development / Grant Writer” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.