Company: Capital Impact Partners
Location: Detroit, MI
Job Function: Project Management
Capital Impact Partners is now part of the Momentus Capital Family of Organizations which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance, and Ventures Lending Technologies. Together, we work to ensure local leaders and communities have equitable access to the capital & opportunities they deserve. With a mission rooted in social impact, we support locally led solutions through our continuum of lending, impact investments, training programs, & technology programs. By joining our team, you will play a key role in how Momentus Capital is transforming the financial sector to help communities build health & generational wealth.
Momentus Capital seeks a mission-aligned individual who is passionate about how connections to capital can transform communities to serve as our Detroit Training Manager. Reporting directly to Director, Detroit Programs, the Manager will support capacity-building for businesses and individuals who aspire to grow their businesses or access capital, by supporting local training and technical assistance efforts through communications and outreach, cohort management, relationship management, and event management. The Manager will also provide critical support and direction to team members leading curriculum design, capital product design, grant disbursal, and technical assistance efforts in a collaborative, dynamic, and growth-oriented team environment.
Oversee Annual Cohort-Based Real Estate Training Program, Detroit Equitable Development Initiative (Detroit EDI, 60%)
- Annually oversee the implementation of the Equitable Development Initiative learning series in Detroit, in collaboration with the National EDI Program lead and EDI Training Manager
- Identify staffing and contractor needed to support the EDI and other programmatic activities
- Manage overall budgeting, scoping and contracting of local consultants to deliver in accordance with scopes of work
- Provide key project management functions to move the program forward.
- Supervise key consultants, including program evaluators (internal, consultants, and/or interns).
- Support consultant efforts by facilitating scope/contract development, scheduling meetings, reviewing deliverables, and managing invoice requests.
- Ensure timely implementation of programmatic activities at all phases
- Manage communication with all Detroit EDI partners through email, phone calls, 1:1 meeting, group meetings, email campaigns, website updates, Google Classroom, and Salesforce.
- Oversee all logistics for virtual and in-person events with key program constituents, including overseeing a professional, high-quality learning series experience.
- Develop written materials (program narratives, PowerPoint decks) to communicate about the program to diverse audiences including internal and external partners.
- Represent the program and organization as appropriate at public-facing events.
- Develop new relationships to further programmatic and organizational mission.
National Programs Team reporting & collaboration (20%)
- Prepare and deliver program reports to funding organizations, senior management and program peers
- Support EDI expansion nationally by providing advisory services or supplementary staffing services as needed.
- Contribute to development of standard materials / collateral for national programming.
- Identify, cultivate, build and manage relationships with external stakeholders and other community groups to further the reach of the program
- Facilitate flow of information among all program partners with regular meeting arrangements, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes and other updates
Oversee “Continuing Education”, Detroit Equitable Development Initiative (Detroit EDI, 10%)
- Manage continuing education / training activities for Detroit EDI alumni in collaboration alignment with Detroit Technical Assistance Manager
- Support development of learning series and “continuing education” curriculum, in consultation with the EDI Training Manager.
- Manage learning series close-out and archival activities.
Coordination across Momentus Capital business lines (10%)
- Coordinate with the Impact, lending, investment and business support teams to inform place based market needs, contribute to place-based strategy, and make loan referrals to the lending and investment teams, as opportunities are identified
- Coordinate with Development Team to cultivate local funder relationships and support the development of funding proposals with specific local content
- Commitment to social and racial justice
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented project management abilities
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Fluency with commercial real estate, and familiarity with commercial real estate challenges in mixed-market cities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or 3 years’ experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Urban Planning, Construction, Business, Social Work, or Real Estate preferred, or 2 years’ experience in lieu of a Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ professional experience, including directly in real estate development, is preferred
- Proven track record in the Detroit market a plus
- Familiarity with community development finance preferred
- Expertise with, or demonstrated ability to quickly learn, the following trade tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Google Suite; Submittable; virtual meeting platforms including Google Meet, Zoom,
- Microsoft Teams; Salesforce; Project management software including Asana and Microsoft Teams; and scheduling software including Acuity, Doodle, Calendly, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range:$73,736.00 To 95,000.00 Annually