Company: Renaissance Economic Development Corp.
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Financial Services
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation (REDC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform low-to-moderate income and immigrant communities in New York City by providing low-interest small business loans, training and counseling services. REDC is an affiliate of Asian Americans for Equality (AAFE), one of the country’s leading community development nonprofits. As an organization deeply rooted in the neighborhoods it serves, REDC works hand-in-hand with local business owners to ensure their long-term success. Renaissance also provides financial literacy services and comprehensive technical assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs each year through individual counseling and classroom sessions. We are US Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), SBA Intermediary Microlender, and SBA Community Advantage (7a) lender. Renaissance’s lending activities are guided by a commitment to increase business opportunities for low-income, minority, women, and immigrant entrepreneurs.
Renaissance seeks a highly motivated and dynamic individual as a Deputy Managing Director. Working closely with the Managing Director, the Deputy Managing Director will play a vital role in elevating Renaissance’s mission to empower the underserved communities of NYC. The Deputy MD will oversee and manage various departmental operations and coordinate with all departments to establish and implement organizational goals.
- Manage all operations of the organization including Finance, People, Data & Systems, Lending portfolio, and General Administration & Office Management, ensuring that all these functions are executed in a productive and timely manner
- Provide leadership, strategic thinking and planning on the direction and execution of all operational issues across the organization
- Work closely with Development Manager and department directors to ensure that each department is meeting its objectives and deliverables on contracts
- Work with Human Resources in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of new staff and in the continued professional development, coaching, performance management and engagement of all staff.
- Help create productive agendas for staff meetings and for project groups
- Oversees all day-to-day administration and directs the work of REDC employees
- Work with Human Resources in establishing and enforcing an accountability system within the organization and in creating appropriate performance improvement plans to coach employees exhibiting sub-par performance.
- Responsible for oversight of all Finance functions
- Creates, manages and monitors an annual budget and financial projection in conjunction with the Managing Director and Controller.
- Handle acquisition and administration of contracts with vendors and manage external vendors
- Work with Controller to develop monthly financial reports
- Liaise with the Managing Director and provide regular financial updates to organization’s Finance Committee/Board of Directors.
- Review and approve all check/wire/ACH requests; serve as primary signer on checks or approver of disbursements.
- Review and approve monthly organization credit card reconciliations.
- Monitor and manage all financial accounts.
- Oversee annual audit process
- Ensures operational expenses are controlled and within annual budget
- Supports the adoption and implementation of technology, including a CRM/Lending/Fiscal system, to track data including but not limited to grants and program impact data
- Manage all Information Technology needs/initiatives and deployment of staffing and vendor resources for IT support for the organization
- 8+ years of professional experience in nonprofit/business management, operations, strategic consulting, human resources, and/or finance
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Finance and/or Accounting.
- Demonstrated success leading the development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of technology, administrative, and organizational development policies
- Knowledge of performance management best practices; experience setting and monitoring organizational outcomes
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Effectively managed a team of 5+ people
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement
- Solid organizational skills, including project management skills
- Ability to think creatively, analytically, and strategically
- Be passionate about the agency’s mission
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Represent the organization to a diverse group of external audiences.
- Ability to manage, motivate, coach, and develop staff
- Effective decision making and solid judgment
- Extensive management and leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in MS Office and Google Workspace
- Bilingual in English/Chinese or Korean is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
Renaissance offers rich benefits, recognition, opportunities for professional growth and competitive salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate’s experience in similar roles and will potentially fall within a range between $115,000 – $135,000
How to Apply