Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Boston, MA
Job Function: Community Outreach
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together.
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Since 1979, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $29.7 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC Boston seeks an individual with a passion for strengthening communities to join its staff as Deputy Director. The Deputy Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of LISC Boston’s programs. The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director to focus the strategic direction for all aspects of LISC’s strategies in Massachusetts. The successful candidate will have excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and entrepreneurial skills. The position requires a strong commitment to the role of community-based non-profit organizations as agents of change as well an understanding of other key public and private partners who can offer additional resources to the work of community development. This is a key position critical to the success and growth of LISC Boston’s impact. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate cultural competency working with diversified communities, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their work. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Program Development and Implementation
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, guide development of annual programmatic work plan and performance goals, consistent with LISC Boston’s strategic plan and other guiding documents and priorities.
- Oversee and guide implementation of the annual work plan and successful and timely completion of performance goals.
- Support the development of new initiatives and manage existing programs and commitments.
- Supervise LISC Boston team members as assigned.
Resource Development and Strategic Communications
- Oversee the development of proposals and reports for foundation, corporate, and public sector funders and other revenue opportunities. Develop templates, processes and other tools/strategies for ensuring the consistency, clarity and effectiveness of proposals and reports and the efficiency of our processes for completing proposals and reports.
- Manage stewardship of local partnerships and funding relationships in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Program Officer – Operations on overall communications strategy and priorities for LISC Boston, to build awareness of LISC Boston’s impact, develop our relationships and build our brand.
- Support staff to develop and implement communication strategies and messaging in connection with their programmatic responsibilities and goals.
- Manage staff on the development and implementation of virtual and live events.
Financial and Performance Management
- Understand, develop and maintain LISC Boston’s internal operating systems and practices to drive efficiency, deliver on our commitments to internal and external partners, and ensure that that all related deadlines and objectives are met.
- Work with Executive Director and team to develop financial and program performance management tools to support our programs and strategies.
- Assist Executive Director to prepare and manage to annual operating/program budgets and reports.
Grants and Contract Management
- Oversee and ensure effectiveness of LISC Boston grantmaking, borrowing and vendor management processes.
- Effectively navigate corporate culture with both national and local, and internal and external, demands and priorities.
- Represent LISC Boston and the Executive Director at meetings, events, and conferences as needed.
- Participate in National LISC meetings and activities as required.
- Periodic local travel, evening and weekend work is required.
- Support the Executive Director as needed.
A successful candidate will have the following expertise and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years work related experience in community, housing and/or economic development, or related fields.
- Minimum five years progressive management experience in community development, real estate, lending, finance, economic development, non-profit or related field.
- Experience building relationships, networking and collaborating effectively with diverse populations and community-based organizations, funders and other key stakeholders.
- Strong operational and managerial skills with the ability to motivate staff effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills including use of technology to communicate ideas and strategy.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and building a reputation for effectiveness and impact.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application using this LINK