Data Analyst (SQL)
Company: Reinvestment Fund
Location: Philadelphia, All
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Job Title: Database Analyst (SQL)
Department: Loans and Investment
Date: February 24, 2023
About Our Company
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Reinvestment Fund operates nationally with regional offices in Baltimore, MD, and Atlanta, GA. Reinvestment Fund is a national mission-driven financial institution that creates opportunity for underserved people and places through partnerships. We marshal the capital, analytics, and expertise necessary to build strong, healthy, and more equitable communities.
As a federally certified community development financial institution (CDFI), our job is to make finance an agent of positive change and equitable growth. We provide loans, grants and technical assistance to businesses and nonprofits. Our borrowers and grantees educate students, support local economies, and create jobs. They build affordable housing and provide community goods and services that include access to nutritious food, hunger relief, physical and mental health care, and other social services.
- At Reinvestment Fund, you will be part of a talented and passionate team of communicators and business development staff, lenders, portfolio managers, analysts, grant program managers, accountants, and policy researchers who bring their unique talents to our mission.
- Reinvestment Fund is currently undergoing a multi-year race, equity, and inclusion organizational change process, and we are seeking candidates who share a commitment to advancing racial equity and anti-racism and are prepared to engage in that work.
Reinvestment Fund is seeking a Loan Information Specialist that will work with other members of the Lending team to transform Reinvestment Fund’s lending and impact data into actionable insights to support the organization’s goal of improving the equity and efficiency of our lending. Key responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data sets and reporting operational, financial, and impact results. Additionally, during the first year of employment, this individual will be part of team engaged in implementing a new technology platform in support of the company’s lending activities.
- Prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports per internal and external clients’ requests.
- Prep for and support execution of major data deliverables and analytic projects
- Update and maintain processes and procedures.
- Support collection of impact data from borrowers
- Review data and perform quality assurance in MS SQL to ensure data integrity.
- Share insights on key organizational and customer metrics through accessible visualizations to aid research and development of new business products and services.
Who We are Looking For
We’re looking for exceptional people who want to create a world where everyone can thrive. This position requires a high level of independent, analytical work, strong interpersonal skills and good judgment. Staff juggle several projects at a time and regularly adjust priorities based on new deadlines in collaboration with management. Staff are expected to proactively communicate project updates or barriers. They are supported by a collaborative, collegial environment and responsive management.
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum two years relevant work experience in an analytics role, including business analyst, data analyst, or data scientist; prior experience in financial services a plus.
- Experience using data analysis, query and processing tools, including MS Excel and SQL.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with reporting and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or SSRS
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve real-world challenges.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to master new tasks and technologies quickly.
- Effectively works independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple concurrent assignments.
- An inclusive and growth-oriented mindset – values and contributes to an atmosphere where differences are respected, heard, welcomed, supported, and accepted.
Compensation and Benefits
Reinvestment Fund offers an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, parental leave, employee assistance program, and professional development opportunities. We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. To advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals, this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update: We value the safety and well-being of our RF community, which includes staff and beyond. As such, our team has chosen to require all staff, interns, and contractors to be fully vaccinated (one or two primary shots, per Pharma) as a contingency of employment. candidates should consider this requirement before applying.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest and please attach both your cover letter and resume.
Please apply to: Careers at Reinvestment.com/careers/