Company: Global Partnerships
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Function: Other
Global Partnerships (GP) is a nonprofit impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty.
Credit Operations Officer (Full-time)
Location: Seattle, Washington or Bogotá, Colombia
Global Partnerships (GP) is a nonprofit impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early-stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa.
The GP team is composed of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Credit Operations Officer is a key position within GP’s Social Investment Team (SIT). Within SIT, the Credit Operations Officer will support the monitoring and analysis of social enterprise partners by maintaining data, developing analysis tools, and working across teams to improve processes. It will involve the development of new risk and portfolio analytical tools to be used across the organization and the implementation of new information and analysis systems.
This role is based in either GP’s head office in Seattle or our regional office in Bogotá. In both cases, a hybrid work arrangement is expected. The role reports to the VP of Credit, with day-to-day operational accountability to an Investment Analysis Officer, who are both based in Seattle. This is a full-time position and standard company benefits will apply (the exact package depends on the location of the role).
· Drive and promote a strong data-informed culture throughout GP and manage high-quality and flexible credit and investment data systems
· Lead the creation and maintenance of analysis tools and templates required by GP’s Social Investment Team to structure and monitor fund investments
· Collaborate across teams to develop or improve processes, frameworks, and drive automation where possible
· Update and monitor the integrity, quality, and timeliness of data in the portfolio database
· Develop and manage new portfolio and risk analytics as required
· Lead regular reporting cycles (internal and external)
· Collect, input, and analyze financial data from social enterprise partners to monitor performance and assess credit risk
· Review and contribute to analytical reports
· Support the investment closing and disbursement process as needed
· Strong operational skills including problem solving, project management, and strategic thinking
· Highly organized and attentive to detail, with an ability to prioritize and stay focused on outcomes and project vision while adhering to tight reporting deadlines
· Ability to quickly learn to use new software programs and translate these into business and portfolio/risk management requirements
· Strong communication skills with a variety of personalities and cultures
· Solid writing skills
· Comfortable working autonomously in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
· Embodies GP’s values as a dedicated, strategic, collaborative, aspirational learner, committed to excellence, and has a passion for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
· A desire to make an impact in an organization working to expand opportunity for people living in poverty
· Demonstrated knowledge of finance, with a preference for experience in financial risk, credit modelling, or investment screening and analysis
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Track record of excellent academic and/or personal achievement in a field(s) relevant to impact investing
· An undergraduate degree in Finance or Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience in a related industry
· Experience managing multiple data sources for reporting and analysis
· Native or bilingual proficiency in English required
· Professional fluency in Spanish and/or French preferred
· To be considered for this role, you must have the ability to legally work in the United States (if applying to Seattle) or in Colombia (if applying to Bogotá) without visa sponsorship
WHAT WE OFFER
Impact-First investment experience:
· Be an individual contributor where your voice counts to support the Credit and Investment teams of an industry-recognized Impact-First investment manager
· The opportunity to drive the analytics, systems, data, and reporting tools that allows GP to maximize its Impact-First investment mandates
· The space to innovate and lead portfolio and risk analytics workstreams
· Develop in-depth knowledge of microfinance and social enterprises across Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa
Competitive benefits and work-life balance:
· An organizational culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, with a hybrid working policy to maintain the benefits of in-person collaboration, whilst allowing for the flexibility of remote work
· An attractive benefits package is included for all full-time employees, tailored to the location of the role
· An organizational structure where your voice counts, and which is designed to maximize learning and collaboration, and minimize bureaucracy
HOW TO APPLY
Required Application Documents:
· Brief Cover letter
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please apply by July 16, 2022.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
Finalists will be asked to submit references, including name, email, and phone number. All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/Pd8bNlFA2ZPzMIwLZhP2D1