Company: Neighborhood Lending Partners
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Neighborhood Lending Partners (NLP) is a lending consortium
established in 1993 as a nonprofit mortgage banking
corporation and was certified in 1997 as a Community
Development Financial Institution (CDFI). NLP serves the
States of Florida and Georgia, NLP benefits our member
financial institutions by providing viable lending solutions for
low-income communities and underserved populations.
Underwrite affordable multi- and single family developments using a variety of different
subsidies and financing structures including Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax
Credit (LIHTC) equity, and conventional financing in senior and junior positions.
Provides ongoing credit risk monitoring by performing annual reviews and
generating loan grade recommendations for review by Senior Lender. Assists
COO with Credit Research, and financial analysis. Underwrite new types of
transactions as funding sources are identified.
• Utilize and enhance financial models detailing development budgets, financing
sources and operating pro-formas for low income housing with rental restrictions
imposed by various forms of subsidy
• Prepares underwriting packages to be presented to loan committee
• Completes financial analysis of borrowers’ financial statement.
• Provides credit research as directed by the COO
• Assists Portfolio Manager in annual portfolio assessments
• Provides ongoing risk monitoring of loan portfolio per advisement of the Portfolio
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Preferred Four Year College Degree
• 1–2 years of Credit Underwriting experience
• Knowledge of LIHTC and other sources of funding for a variety of Real Estate
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel software packages
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits will be negotiated based on experience, location and other factors.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via email to Kris Byrem. firstname.lastname@example.org