Company: Latino Community Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Financial Services
As a community development financial institution, Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) is the ideal option for people passionate about empowering other people through their work. Our vision is to ensure economic opportunity for all by providing our local communities with ethical financial products and services. We also share a passion for education, which we proudly reflect in our member-owners and employees.
The Corporate Auditor is responsible for management functions which independently examines and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of member service delivery operations and controls and their related activities. The auditor will perform independent auditing, objective risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal controls, regulatory compliance, information technology, finance and corporate governance processes, including drafting accurate and fact-based findings for management discussions. Additionally, the auditor will coordinate with external auditors and examiners for informational needs from all areas of the credit union.
- Participates in audit engagements, reviews and projects while maintaining IIA professional standards.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Verifies the reasonableness of financial data.
- Compiles all relevant business, process, system information prior to auditing.
- Proposes audit procedures, techniques, and sample approach to validate testing methods.
- Develops, documents and maintains efficient and effective audit objectives, programs, testing and workpaper procedures.
- Updates process flows, risks and controls and accounts for the impact of technology on the control environment.
- Creates reports and other documentation to communicate findings to executive management, audit committee and Board.
- Evaluates risks within the internal control system and suggests process improvements to mitigate or avoid financial losses.
- Develops and implements data analytics in support of audit planning, execution and reporting.
- Participates in special audit projects, as requested by senior management as well as a variety of organizational wide high-level initiatives.
- Assists in Financial Audit activities with the Document Request List and Confirmation procedures.
- Assists and coordinates with regulatory examinations and all requests for information.
- Assists with ongoing execution of Continuous risk monitoring programs.
- Gains deep understanding of the business to become a trusted advisor and partner for business units.
- Facilitates the tracking of and validating closure of internal audit issues and regulatory findings.
- Performs investigative activity, as needed.
- Works on ad hoc projects as well as regulatory inquiries.
- Communicates opportunities, recommendations and status of projects to management.
- Exemplifies LCCU vision, values and culture interactions with coworkers, business partners, members’ and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of internal audit experience and/or external audit experience, preferably in the banking/financial services industry.
- Bachelors’ degree from college or university, preferably in a job-related major field of study.
- Analytical skills and precision in execution and delivery through effective time management skills.
- An understanding of risk and how controls mitigate those risks, in particular those risks related to LCCU processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal at all levels is essential.
- Knowledge of IT and experience in data analytics (data gathering, transformation, analytics and reporting).
- Professional designation CIA, CPA CISA, CRMA CFE or the desire to obtain within 24 months of start date.
- Professional working proficiency in English, Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to manage time with strong organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Team player with ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with a multi-cultural team and learn from our differences.
- Some travel may be required. Our main headquarters is located in Durham, NC. Limited remote work is allowed.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The general nature of the work requires employees to sit or stand for extended periods, lift up to 35 pounds, and use the computer and telephone to perform job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: