Company: Common Future
Location: Remote, Remote
Job Function: Accounting
- Oversee the handling of accounting functions for two nonprofit entities controlled by the Common Future Board and consolidated for audit and reporting purposes (entities are Common Future and Community Credit Lab) on a day-to-day basis, including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll reconciliations and accounting, and general ledger accounting.
- Oversee payroll and associated records in collaboration with the People Operations team.
- Review and approve monthly payroll.
- Oversee payroll operations and processes, and accounting
- Oversight of the timely reconciliation of all bank accounts. Monitor bank service charges by providing industry standards vs. current charges.
- Cooperate with independent auditors to ensure the timely completion of the annual group audit and consolidated financial statements. Coordinate and prepare audit schedules for the year-end audit.
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely close of the financial books in preparation for monthly reporting, quarterly reporting, and the consolidated group audit and the opening of financial books for the new fiscal year for Common Future’s entities.
- Work with the Finance Team to build and maintain a financial management system and automated record keeping system to match the organization’s growing needs and new initiatives while ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls, financial policies and procedures, and auditable fiscal structure.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the accounting/finance field by reading available written resource materials, attending appropriate meetings and workshops, and engaging in other valuable methods to maintain up-to-date policies and procedures
- Partner with Common Future’s HR department on HR compliance issues.
- Work collaboratively with the full Finance Team to manage team workflow and to communicate with colleagues outside of the Finance team.
- Support the growth and long term sustainability of Common Future.
- Supervise one Finance Associate in the near term and potentially additional Finance team members in the future
- CPA designation, MBA and/or business or accounting degree desired.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with Google Sheets, a variety of Expense Management Software Platforms (e.g., Ramp), Airtable, Notion and/or Salesforce preferred; strong ability to learn and implement new systems and technology.
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, financial analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll within the nonprofit, association, or foundation settings.
- Experience with various financial instruments and financial contracts.
- Technologically savvy with experience selecting and overseeing cloud financial software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of cloud accounting and cloud reporting software.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills, which allow for strategic financial analysis versus conventional nonprofit reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management and other outside partners.
- Experience managing remote teams, ideally in a geographically dispersed context, with a high standard of excellence and accountability.
- Entrepreneurial style, with enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Energized to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for strategic decision making purposes at a mission-first organization focused on racial equity.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $98,326.38 – $126,419.63 USD and commensurate with competence and experience
How to Apply
Please apply directly via the website at: https://jobs.lever.co/commonfuture/9f5534bf-9146-46a9-9836-bcc051df156a