Company: Neighborhood Community Development Fund
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Function: Accounting
Neighborhood Community Development Fund is fast growing CDFI located in Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is to provide loans, technical assistance and small business training for business owners, entrepreneurs, potential entrepreneurs, and organizations serving their communities. We are located in Pittsburgh, PA and we have a 23 year history of providing financial services and support to small businesses in underserved regions of Allegheny County, PA. Our mission is to empower people of all races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic levels to grow their business revitalizing their neighborhoods and helping their communities along the way.
The Controller will be responsible for the delivery of cost effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet our current and future organizational requirements. NCDF has a flexible work environment with hybrid arrangements available and support for a well-connected home office. I Preference is for a candidate who is able to work in NCDF’s office a few days a week, to be negotiated with the selected candidate.
OCCASIONAL OR ONE-TIME ACTIVITIES
Expand or re-develop Chart of Accounts to support Neighborhood Community Development
Fund’s current activities and strategic plan for new activities.
Work with staff to provide training as needed to be assured of staff capacity for supporting the
accounting function internally.
- Develop monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the staff and board of directors.
- Provide overviews of the financial status of the organization to the Board on a monthly basis.
- Support the board with additional financial information and analyses as requested, in conjunction with the organization’s management team.
- Oversee the External Audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
- Oversee the Cash Management function and develop cash management recommendations for the organization that can be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Implement the organization’s investment policy and provide regular updates on investment results to the board.
- Ensure the organization complies with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate financial reporting and other compliance requirements for the organization’s funders, including government, banks, foundations, and others.
- Ensure effective follow-up processes are in place for financial functions.
- Oversee the management of the payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process, and controls.
- Manage the financial accounting system, ensuring maximum productivity.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and systems and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop and oversee improvements and additions to accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future needs, as needed.
- Provide updated policy recommendations to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
The individual supporting NCDF will have at least five years of professional experience, with preference given to those with community-based lending and nonprofit experience. S/he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and financial management in a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, including fund accounting, ideally in the community lending and nonprofit sector.
• Experience should include audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
• A commitment to NCDF’s mission and its impact on its community
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience., NCDF offers a generous benefits package including: health, dental and vision insurance, 401K match, short and long term disability, paid vacation and sick leave.
How to Apply
The job is posted on Indeed and interested individuals can access it through this link: