Company: CDC Small Business Finance | Momentus Capital
Job Function: Marketing/PR
CDC Small Business Finance is now part of the Momentus Capital Family of Organizations which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance, and Ventures Lending Technologies. Together, we work to ensure local leaders and communities have equitable access to the capital & opportunities they deserve. With a mission rooted in social impact, we support locally led solutions through our continuum of lending, impact investments, training programs, & technology programs. By joining our team, you will play a key role in how Momentus Capital is transforming the financial sector to help communities build health & generational wealth.
CDC Small Business Finance and Capital Impact Partners are looking for a stellar Content Specialist to join us on our mission of addressing social and economic inequality. The Content Specialist will use their writing skills to tell important stories of how we’re breaking down systematic barriers to capital and investments. Our marketing team is dedicated to telling the stories of entrepreneurs and business owners who are building meaningful small businesses that transform communities. This position is with the organization’s small business lending team.
The Content Specialist will research content, help develop content strategies, and write content across a variety of print and digital channels that positions our organization as a thought leader in the small business lending space. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills and can convey messaging that is on brand.
-Work with the Director to create a content strategy that tells our brand story and supports small business goals. Support the Director of Small Business Marketing and Content to create customer personas for key audiences.
– Create and manage a content-and-borrower success story calendar, including a pipeline of success stories, case studies, blogs and news. Develop a system to organize and prioritize content through key segmentation including: race, gender, geographies, loan types, etc.
– Brainstorm, research, write and edit content that’s customer focused while telling the story of our overarching organizational brand. Have the ability to quickly produce and edit content for the blog, executive messages, website copy, checklists, infographics, e-books, guides, E-newsletters, marketing collateral, PowerPoint presentations and slideshow stories.
– Understand how to craft narratives that increase brand awareness, educate audiences, drive website traffic, and/or attract sales leads as well as the interest of funders and investors.
– Create companion social posts in partnership with the marketing strategist. Stay up-to-date on most effective social media engagement strategies.
– Oversee customer reviews program to harness reviews as a means of promoting outstanding customer service and offerings through Google reviews and to build story pipelines. Work with staff to develop responses to poor online reviews.
SEO Strategy and Optimization
– Optimize blogs, web pages, page titles, page descriptions and landing pages for SEO. Ensure SEO strategy is integrated into social media, video and email marketing efforts,
– Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success. This includes content based on top ranking keywords, research, and trends to create top ranking pages.
– Curate, write, and send E-newsletter content as necessary to key customer segments. Send email campaigns to audiences for loan products and programs to gain sales leads.
– Suggest and use tactics to grow following all email marketing campaigns.
– Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop a plan for tracking and reporting key metrics including customer acquisition, website traffic, Google my Business, etc.
– Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of content strategy campaigns to inform effectiveness of current strategies and improvement of future strategies.
– 2-3 years of experience in content development and marketing.
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
– Background in SEO writing and best practices.
– Experience working with graphic design platforms such as Canva, Adobe creative suite, etc.
– Proficient in Mailchimp or similar E-newsletter platforms.
– Understanding of WordPress and how to work with website developers.
– Understanding of Google My Business and Google Search Console.
Qualities that will help you succeed:
– Proactive, positive, flexible and collaborative team player.
– Creative problem solver.
– Excellent analytical skills.
– Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Approximately $70K with solid benefits package.