Consumer Loan Closing Specialist
Locations: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Astoria, OR; Spokane, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Bend, OR; Port Angeles, WA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Craft3 is a nonprofit lender – a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) – with a mission to strengthen economic, ecological, and family resilience across Oregon and Washington. We focus on lending to entrepreneurs, nonprofits and individuals who have been denied access to traditional financing. By delivering capital where it’s needed most, we’re helping build a more equitable and resilient future. Learn more at www.craft3.org
Craft3’s consumer lending team expands access to credit and supports communities by creating lending programs for individuals, including those with low- and moderate-incomes, credit challenges, and those unable to obtain conventional financing. We are always looking for equitable financing solutions that provide responsible capital to those who need it most. The consumer lending team uses our experience in housing, community development, lending, and government to serve our borrowers and partners. We bring creativity, compassion, and perseverance to all our work. Mission-driven and service-oriented, Craft3 is committed to extending what is possible when it comes to using capital as a tool for equitable community development.
The Closing Specialist (CS) provides an essential role in facilitating the loan closing process with responsibility for preparing and releasing loan documentation to facilitate loan closing and managing loan disbursements to ensure proper funding and repayment scheduling. This position aids with review of loan closing processes with an emphasis on increasing the productivity and efficiency of the Consumer Lending team.
- Loan Closing and Funding: process or review loan disbursement requests to borrowers and contractors per established procedure and policy; establish timely collateral security position and repayment methods.
- Provide excellent customer service and partnership with Lenders and Underwriters to ensure a smooth transition from loan approval to closing.
- Audit files throughout the lending process to assure data integrity.
- Ensure successful completion of Origination process and smooth transition to Servicing.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy and consistency of record keeping and data management.
- Provide excellent customer service for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare or review loan documents, including change in terms, in accordance with policy and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Disperse documents for signature through DocuSign or alternative delivery per borrower request.
- Maintain established loan documentation system policies as they relate to Consumer Lending. Communicate changes to the team timely.
- Adhere to all federal and state consumer compliance guidelines and internal procedures.
- Utilize Craft3 database platforms for loan management including ensuring quality control and high levels of accuracy and integrity.
- Contribute to developing and documenting consumer department procedures and processes.
- Collaborate with other Craft3 departments to streamline systems and processes.
- Manage special projects in consultation with members of the consumer team, other business units, vendors, and/or partners.
- Represent Craft3 in public events, meetings, or presentations.
- Build and strengthen working relationships with partners and vendors.
Cross Team Development
- Collaborate with other Craft3 business units to streamline systems and processes.
- Assist in creating or delivering training to new staff members as appropriate.
- Participate fully with all members of the Craft3 team.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge, sharing best practices and suggest process improvement ideas.
Culture and Brand Management
- Support the organization’s All Team performance standards, Companywide Competencies.
- Demonstrate stewardship for the Craft3 Brand.
- Loan proceeds; disburse loan proceeds through finance per specified process/parameters.
- Loan modifications; waive late payment fees, reduce subordination fees when deemed appropriate.
Direct / Indirect Reports – None, this is a non-supervisory role.
Peer Positions – other loan servicing staff
Knowledge and Experience
Three+ years’ experience in consumer lending, credit union, banking, CDFI environment, or other customer service focused environment; experience with loan processing, funding, and strong administrative skills preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with loan documentation, specifically for loans secured by Fixture Filing or Deed of Trust preferred. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for serving and working effectively in diverse communities across the Pacific Northwest.
- Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and enjoy continuous learning.
- High desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
- Project management and situational leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new procedures to meet identified needs and/or to adjust to changes in procedures as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and problem solve.
- Experience using basic Excel formulas, pivot tables, summary tools, and creating professional presentations (PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Loan Documentation and Servicing Systems, shared files system, Adobe Professional, Contact Relationship Management system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Mortgage Loan Originator licenses for Washington and Oregon through NMLS (Craft3 sponsored)
- Notary Public for Washington and Oregon (Craft3 sponsored)
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Periodic travel to company events and offices will be required.
Compensation and Benefits
Remote flexible schedule is available within Oregon or Washington, near one of our offices; Astoria, OR · Klamath Falls, OR · Portland, OR· Seattle, WA · Spokane, WA · Port Angeles, WA · Walla Walla, WA
Cratft3 offers a competitive annual salary of $58,000 – $ 70,000 (DOE) plus benefits: medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, LTD/STD insurance, paid sick and vacation leave, volunteer time off, professional development, wellness program, transportation, remote flexible schedule within Oregon or Washington, and 403B Retirement savings plan with employer match.
How to Apply
Apply Online: https://www.craft3.org/about/careers
Applicants should include:
- Cover Letter