Company: Finance Fund
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Function: Other
Finance Fund develops real estate, including affordable residential units as well as commercial and mixed-use housing located in low- and moderate-income communities. Additional real estate services offered include planning and development, technical assistance, financial modeling, and construction management. Finance Fund also invests in organizations that advance the physical and economic development of low- and moderate-income neighborhoods and communities.
As a community development entity, Finance Fund utilizes tax credits to finance businesses and projects located in Ohio’s most severely distressed urban and rural communities. Additionally, Finance Fund provides competitive grants to community-based non-profit organizations seeking to develop self-sustaining affordable housing and other private sector job-creating projects.
As a Community Development Financial Institution, Finance Fund provides flexible financing and technical services to businesses and nonprofit organizations located in low- and moderate-income communities. Finance Fund financing supports small business owners, non-profits organizations, community facility operators, and other affordable housing developers.
To date, Finance Fund and its subsidiaries have invested more than $491.5 million into a wide range of projects throughout Ohio’s underserved communities involving economic development, community facilities, manufacturing and industrial facilities, healthy food retail and distribution, and affordable housing, leveraging more than $2 billion of additional investment. Finance Fund has accomplished this total investment by awarding 3,057 grants to community development corporations and other community-based organizations and by making over 106 loans and equity equivalent products to for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations.
Finance Fund’s investments have created important community impacts including: the creation and/or retention of 21,624 permanent jobs, and the creation of 13,797 construction jobs; the construction and development of 4,996,254 square feet of manufacturing and industrial space, 413,169 square feet of healthy food retail space, and 10,759,722 square feet of community facilities space serving 74,438 students and 236,474 patients; and creating 18,507 total housing units.
Finance Fund made its first loan in 2006 and has provided flexible financing totaling $64.7MM to 105 borrowers, leveraging $182.4MM of additional investments. FCAP has financed businesses and projects that have created and/or retained 4,341 direct jobs, developed 622 housing units and 1,136,730 square feet of commercial space, and served 578,339 people.
The Construction Superintendent will provide onsite coordination for all phases of multifamily construction projects including the supervision of daily construction site operations. This position requires an in-depth understanding of construction operations and processes, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and construction work is on schedule and within budget. This position requires the ability to collaborate with clients, laborers, suppliers, construction workers, architects, and engineers effectively. This position will be responsible for scheduling, inspections, job safety, and performance.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- In coordination with supervisor, create and maintain overall schedule for the timely completion of assigned construction project.
- Interpret and build according to drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Schedule all contractors and vendors to deliver critical path items as necessary, including, but not limited to, inspections and other local requirements.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs.
- Monitor and report on project progress, proactively communicating questions, concerns, and issues. Assist with ASI’s, RFI’s, and submittals.
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities.
- Implement safety, health, and environmental quality guidelines.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Walk project site daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Issue notices of noncompliance related to work product and/or scheduling, reporting all findings to supervisor.
- Order the appropriate equipment and materials.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Maintain a written daily log of visitors, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolved on the job site.
- Travel between multiple job sites and simultaneously manage workloads of individual projects.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organize meetings with team members in various roles, as necessary.
- Complete projects on time and within budget, and never compromise on quality.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a construction superintendent or in a similar role running a construction job site.
- Multifamily construction experience desired.
- Experience with affordable housing projects preferred.
- Experience with LEED, Enterprise Green, or other energy-efficient design requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiarity with other computer-aided software.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications, operating manuals, safety rules, and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to travel to assigned construction sites; assignments will change according to the needs of the company and may require up to 1.5 hours of travel in each direction. Travel and overnight expenses are paid for by the company, as approved by supervisor.
- Excellent people skills, with strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to work under normal construction jobsite related conditions including varying climate, fumes and/or airborne particles, high levels of noise, uneven ground, multistory stairs, and nearby active use of machinery and equipment. The work environment represents likely conditions encountered during job performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range 75,000 – 90,000 with Bonus Opportunities
- Major Medical (70% Employer Paid)
- Dental & Vision
- Company Paid STD & LTD
- 401(k) match
- 12 Paid Holidays & 20 Days (Paid Time Off) PTO
- Professional Development
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume, with relevant experience listed, and contact information: email@example.com