Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: , Remote
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing, and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment, and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to the Bay Area and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 state and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
LISC’s Lending Department is seeking a Construction Management and Loan Closing Officer. The position will report to LISC’s Director of Construction Loan Closing and Management and work in close coordination with lending staff in the field and other members of LISC’s Lending and Legal departments. Collaborating with the Director of Construction Closing and Management, national and local LISC staff, this position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of LISC’s construction closing process, including the accounting and legal aspects of construction projects.
- Assists on the overall administration of a portfolio of mixed-asset construction loans beginning at the pre-closing phase through project
- Provide high-quality internal and external customer service and support with the ability to handle large complex and high profile
- Maintain a general overall knowledge of the construction lending industry and a detailed understanding of appropriate regulations and
- Act as closing agent for LISC loans, collecting and reviewing documentation for accuracy and completion of file as well as identifying any issues to the assigned LISC
- Coordinate with the appropriate parties including legal counsel, borrower, title company, third parties, insurance companies and internal contacts and resources to compile loan documentation and satisfy approved underwriting requirements, special closing, and special disbursement
- Serve as a resource to national and local staff with LISC’s construction loan standards, policies, and
- Assist in the preparation of construction advances and coordinate disbursement of funds in accordance with appropriate policies and
- Analyzes requests for funding against established budgets, sources and uses, and identifies any exceptions. Prepare spreadsheets to review balances between project costs and funding sources, ensuring LISC’s and other funders’ risk is mitigated
- Reviews advance requests documentation in detail against approved controls, including, but not limited to, applications for payment, inspection reports, lien waivers and soft cost
- Ensure advance processing and loan activity follow construction loan documents, and loan special
- Ensures the accuracy and maintenance of customer records and files. Maintains internal record keeping of loan disbursements and project progress through input to company’s construction monitoring
- Perform other administrative duties, as
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least (4) years related experience required in real estate construction loan closing and administration preferred, working knowledge of accounting or
- Excellent customer services skills for both internal and external
- Ability to review and identify issues as well as make educated recommendations for resolution within scope of
- Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize in a high-volume
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft
- Good organizational abilities, including ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments simultaneously, as well as be a team
Compensation and Benefits
LISC provides a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits for this position.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a detailed cover letter and resume to:email@example.com