Company: BOC Capital Corp.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Function: Finance
Founded in 2001, BOC Capital Corp., is dedicated to providing financing to small business owners, with a special focus on women, minority, and immigrant entrepreneurs.
We seek to give local entrepreneurs access to flexible, customized loans – as well as ongoing business development assistance – to help with everything from supporting a new business, to taking an existing local business to the ‘next level’.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Lending & Program Associate will facilitate in the administration of mission-driven contract-based lending and construction business training programs targeted to existing M/WBE construction businesses in NYC. The Associate will support BOC staff in providing mission-driven strategic contract financing and business consulting assistance with the goal of growing and strengthening M/WBE construction businesses. The Associate will work with management, construction businesses, prime contractors/agencies, and training and finance personnel. The Associate will also communicate with prime contractors to support outreach and construction contract monitoring.
The Associate is expected to have a high degree of accountability and to adhere to BCC’s policies and procedures in carrying out their responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Process contract-based loans for M/WBE construction businesses:
- Conduct outreach at events to promote contract financing products and training programs.
- Provide loan program information and requirements to potential borrowers.
- Manage pipeline and intake of loan applications received.
- Gather, review, and analyze loan applicant documentation including but not limited to credit reports, financial statements, tax returns, etc.
- Assist clients with producing contract-specific financial projections to determine lending needs.
- Liaise with Senior Construction Account Manager in contract and estimate analysis.
- Prepare loan applications for final review by underwriters and credit memos for BCC’s loan committee. Includes the use of LifFund MMS underwriting platform and the production of full loan package and related documentation to be maintained in the loan client file.
- Work with Loan Fund team to arrange loan closings, disbursements, and remittances.
- Track contract progress and payments in relation to loan.
- Provide support to Construction Business Team in management of M/WBE construction contractor training programs:
- Assist in outreach to M/WBE construction contractors eligible for training and technical assistance programs.
- Collect and analyze client data including but not limited to financial, contracting, bonding, insurance, compliance requirements, and employment information. This could include site visits, verifying references, and analyzing financial documents such as tax returns, work in process schedules, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Coordinate specialized business training workshops to support capacity of small M/WBE construction contractors.
- Manage the client relationship including but not limited to tracking contract work progress, insurance, bonding, financing, etc.
- Provide support in generating curriculum materials, including design of PowerPoint presentations and handouts.
- Manage client data using BOC databases, data analysis and outcome tracking.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports to senior management and prime contractors/agencies.
- Actively participate in regular BOC meetings, trainings, and events.
- Travel within the metropolitan area is required, and attendance at workshops/trainings.
- Maintain files and database systems. Conduct data analysis, outcome tracking and regular reporting, including high quality statistical, narrative program reports.
- A mission-driven mentality to work with M/WBE construction contractors to provide contract-based financing and business management training.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, business, or construction-related Experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in lending, financial management, and/or construction project
- Possess financial analysis skills applicable to M/WBE and small construction c
- Understand business operations and have excellent communication
- Possess the skillsets required to successfully manage a project to
- Possess strong organizational skills and excellent attention to
- Ability to self-manage to follow protocols for scheduled tasks.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to travel to client sites and construction worksites through the NYC Metropolitan
- Capable of managing multiple tasks with tight time
- Must have excellent written and oral communication
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Nonprofit or CDFI experience a
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Anticipated range $50,000 – $58,000 per year.
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
How to Apply