Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Community Outreach
LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact on the communities we care about while achieving sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique power of LISCs local office presence combined with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful combination for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders within LISC. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, the Strategic Investments team is ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet fund investments. Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Strategic Investments team has been organized into functional expertise groups that lead and support the activities necessary to design, raise, deploy, and manage Impact Funds. Those functional groups are listed below:
- Fund Design & Modeling – initial fund concept design and modeling, market testing
- Fund Development – raising money from investors for the fund
- Fund Deployment – creating the investment origination strategy and managing the underwriting and investment process
- Fund Performance & Measurement – managing the performance of existing investments and conduit funds, oversight of financial statements & impact reporting
This role will support the Fund Performance function. More specifically, the Analyst, Construction position will support the review of construction budgets, advances, and disbursements of investments to proactively prevent issues that might affect the performance of the Funds.
- Analyze requests for loan funding against established budgets, sources and uses, and identifies any exceptions. Prepare spreadsheets to review balances between project costs and funding sources, ensuring risk is mitigated.
- Assist in the preparation of construction advances and coordinate disbursement of funds in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Track construction budgets against work completed. Maintain internal record keeping of loan disbursements and project progress.
- Reviews inspection reports, lien waivers and soft cost invoices.
- Identify, prioritize and engage in problem solving with borrowers, internal teams, and offer recommendations when issues arise.
- Supporting quarterly presentations on construction lending to Strategic Investments team
- Support the preparation of amendments and waivers as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three (3) years of non-consumer lending experience, preferred
- Construction experience required, construction lending or management preferred
- Working knowledge of real estate and/or business lending preferred
- Extremely detailed oriented and able to self-manage daily activities and deadlines
- Ability to interpret loan documentation related to reporting requirements and default process
- Strong relationship skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., If/then statements, pivot tables)
- Experience with defaults and work-outs a plus
- Experience with affordable housing a plus
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. This position is expected to travel less than once per month, up to 15% annually.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to include the title of the position for which you are applying and your name in both the subject of your email.