Company: ACE | Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs, Inc.
Locations: Atlanta, GA; Remote, All
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Connect passion with purpose. Are you a go getter and looking to do rewarding and impactful work? Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs (ACE) is a 22-year Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in Georgia that gives small businesses a chance when others can’t or won’t. ACE supports small business owners that others will not by providing economic development to underserved communities and people. This includes women, low-to-moderate income and small business owners of color that have historically, and continue today, to lack equitable, inclusive access to capital. Since ACE’s first loan in 2000, we have provided over $170 million in capital to small businesses, assisted more than 2,400 entrepreneurs, and helped them create or retain over 19,000 Georgia jobs.
The Compliance Administrator is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Position is responsible for oversight to the administration of federal, state, and private funder compliance requirements; in partnership with Program and Operations teams, monitors and follows stated covenants, ensures that the organization meets reporting deadlines. The position is responsible for reviewing ACE agreements for covenants, and other compliance and reporting requirements; creating and following processes for tracking such requirements; analyzing data to support strategic organizational decision-making; reporting to management covenant status regularly or if they are in jeopardy; and completing and filing all documents and reports with applicable funders in a timely manner.
Location: This position can be remote but may require travel for departmental or staff meetings periodically.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance requirements are being met by collaborating with other departments responsible for both the work covered by executed loan capital agreements, grant agreements with a loan capital use, and operating grant report, as well as the tracking of that work.
- Remain current on industry best practices.
- Manage compliance for the organization’s loan programs by executing sound policies, procedures, and reporting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review new agreements for compliance requirements and assess ability to reasonably fulfill those requirements in conjunction with all involved departments.
- Manages compliance reporting and metric data reporting with analyzing data to develop more streamlined ways of working with that data.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance checklist capturing all loan capital funder
- Lead on compiling and ensuring timely CDFI certification, lending capital and operating capital reporting to all funders (corporate, government, and/or philanthropic sources).
- Perform compliance reporting, coordinating data with others as required.
- Maintain Federal reporting systems for both SBA (MPERS) and USDA reporting.
- Maintain tracking/recordkeeping and documentation mechanism for all executed agreements and reporting requirements.
- Generate reports required by third parties and internal partners, ensuring both accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines responsible for the accurate and timely collection of data.
- Analyze data to provide insightful and accurate trends, report concerns, and celebrate successes.
- Proficiency with utilization of Excel, Salesforce and other systems for reporting management.
- Compile data from all necessary sources; analyze and monitor the data to track organizational metrics, and ensure the organization is on track to maintain its covenants and targets.
- Collaborate with other departments on the creation and production of reports demonstrating programmatic outcomes.
- Develop and execute new processes as required.
- Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise.
- Ability to hold information with an attention to confidentiality.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in related field or experience commensurate with education.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data management and reporting at a comparable nonprofit or financial institution.
- High level of proficiency using Excel.
- Experience in federal government reporting is preferred.
- Knowledge of loan accounting, reporting, and best practices.
- Knowledge of Sage Intaact and The Exceptional Assistant (TEA) are preferred.
- Proficiency in Salesforce including creating customized reports, alerts and ensuring accuracy and completely in data.
- Proven track record of attending to detail, tracking, analyzing and reporting data and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborative workstyle that thrives in a fast-paced environment with a customer service focus.
- Solves problems creatively.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Attends to details meticulously.
- Communicates effectively.
Work environment and physical demands:
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office or remote setting.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Must also be able to
position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying binders, laptops) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits for industry.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@aceloans.org Use job title “Compliance Administrator” in the subject line.