Company: New Jersey Community Capital
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Job Function: Project Management
New Jersey Community Capital (NJCC) is a community development financial institution with a mission to create thriving communities through strategic investments and knowledge. Fulfilling the needs and improving the quality of life of low- and moderate-income families and individuals would not be possible without our talented staff and motivating environment. NJCC embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
The Project Manager will take the lead in coordinating specific engagements with clients and partners, including overseeing and engaging in the completion of project goals and deliverables, managing client relationships, and working with the Community Strategies team and consultants to provide full-spectrum support to engagements. The Project Manager will be expected to help clients establish systematic, effective community engagements processes, synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, and work with clients and colleagues to craft practical, nuanced implementation strategies.
- Manages relationships with current and potential clients/partners for Community Strategies’ Consulting Services.
- Leads and supports projects and engagements with external clients, achieving all schedules, milestones, and deliverables.
- Works with clients and community residents to design, facilitate, and evaluate community engagement activities – such as community meetings, participatory planning activities, charrettes, focus groups, and surveys – needed to achieve project objectives.
- Collects and analyzes demographic and economic data to assess current conditions and propose future strategies.
- Creates maps, tables, photos, presentations, and other visual content to achieve project objectives.
- Writes, reviews, and edits written and visual content related to neighborhood plans, strategy documents, technical reports and other project documents and deliverables.
- Possesses extensive practical expertise in the planning and implementation of community-development strategies, so as to credibly offer value to clients.
- Supports the development of the scope, substance, timeline, and deliverables of consulting engagements with potential clients from proposal to contract.
- Prospects future clients and seeks opportunities for future funding and/or consulting engagements.
- 4-10+ years of experience working in community development, with relevant areas of practice including: community organizing, neighborhood planning, real estate development, and economic development work.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy, public health, economics, social science, or any related field; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with municipal officials, non-profit and other institutional partners, and grassroots community leaders.
- Ability to draft high quality written content.
- Strong capabilities in Excel and the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish a plus.
- Ability to use major videoconferencing platforms for executing meetings large and small.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- In-person participation at the office for team meetings and collaborative work, and at community meetings related to consulting projects.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with company policy.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000 depending on experience.
We offer excellent employee benefits including:
Incentive compensation based on organizational performance. Robust and family-friendly benefit packages including health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, travel companion, identity protection, disability, salary continuance, and life insurance. Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation/transit savings). 401(k) profit-sharing plan. 25 Paid Time Off days per year, including sick and personal days, plus 13 paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com and include in the email subject line: “Community Strategies Project Manager – YOUR NAME”
This position is ready to hire and we are eager to fill it. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they come in. Job will be posted until filled.