Company: Women's Opportunities Resource Center
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The Women’s Opportunities Resource Center (WORC) and its subsidiary The Economic Opportunities Fund (EOF) are both certified Community Development Financial Institutions that provide financial and technical assistance to micro entrepreneurs and businesses in the Philadelphia area. WORC is the first microenterprise program for low-income people in Philadelphia, and one of the first in the nation. WORC provides entrepreneurial training, individual business assistance, incentive-savings programs, access to
business and financial resources.
WORC offers a range of small business micro- financing products ranging from $500 to $50,000 and we link customers to a comprehensive array of financial education and other services provided by WORC. In addition, WORC is also a Small Business Administration (SBA) Community Advantage (CA) lender that loans up to $350,000 to assist entrepreneurs purchase the real estate they operate out of.
We are looking to hire a full-time Community Loan Officer to join the
organization on a full-time basis. The ideal
candidate has existing contacts with local financial institutions, economic development and business assistance organizations, community organizations, professional associations, economic development agencies and/or small business development centers.
● Market and recruit clients by establishing community relationships distributing announcements,
conducting networking and introductory events in conjunction with other WORC staff members.
● Originate/package and underwrite loans in accordance with production expectations. Submit
loans with required documents, and loan officer recommendation to MMS (LiftFund) for
underwriting and present loans to the loan advisory council for approval where required.
● Go to the community business owner’s place of work to pick up documents and assist with
getting the client “loan ready.”
● Assist in growing the loan portfolio, specifically with loans ranging from $1,000 to 50,000.
● Manage peer circle lending group by analyzing and reviewing clients credit applications
and financial records to determine whether or not the client qualifies for a loan and
provide pre and post loan technical assistance.
● Work one-on-one with entrepreneurs and business owners throughout the lending process to
identify and address financing and business development needs.
● Provide training and technical assistance e.g. bookkeeping, business plan development,
and other assistance as needed to the borrowers both before and after the loan
● Work cross-functionally with other departments to maximize new business development
and marketing efforts across the organization.
● Attend WORC staff and program meetings
● Perform other related duties, as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate’s Degree with five (5) years of direct related experience
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications
● Proficiency with basic accounting and bookkeeping principles
● Excellent organizational and analytical skills
● Prior Lending experience
● Interest in community development, economics, and/or microfinance.
● Minimum of two (2) years experience in community or economic development lending, and/or
microfinance with lending institutions, government loan programs or community lenders with a
solid understanding of consumer financing rules and regulations.
● Good public speaker with demonstrated marketing, sales, and/or community organizing skills.
● Organized self-starter with strong analytical skills and ability to multitask.
● Customer service oriented, patient, flexible, with ability to accept and give constructive feedback
and a sense of humor.
● Knowledge of Philadelphia and the surrounding four counties with willingness and ability to
travel throughout the area to engage in marketing and outreach activities.
● Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekend days to attend meetings, seminars and
Compensation and Benefits
● Salary is commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the screening process.
● Benefits include: vacation, paid holidays, healthcare coverage and pension plan.
How to Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org