Company: Western Reserve Community Fund
Location: Akron, OH
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF) is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). WRCF supports small business, affordable housing, and non-profit organizations with flexible, low-cost financing and technical assistance.
WRCF works to promote equity and expand economic opportunity for disadvantaged communities and businesses by providing financial products and services, striving to foster economic opportunity and revitalized neighborhoods. WRCF was created to help fill the regional gap in access to capital and provide support in disinvested areas, and is not a competitor with banks.
In addition to WRCF’s General Loan Fund, WRCF has collaborated with community partners to spearhead initiatives like the Minority Contractor Capital Access Program (MCCAP)®, the Akron Resiliency Fund, and the Summit County Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
Works in consultation with the loan analyst to monitors portfolio for adherence to approved loan requirements and manage post dues, portfolio follow up, credit files, etc.
• Work directly with Managing Director to increase and manage WRCF’s loan pipeline
• One on one coaching, technical assistance, and group education efforts
• Responds to inquiries
• Presents self in a professional, ethical, and culturally sensitive manner to coworkers, partners, and the public
• Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
• Performs other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned
Under general direction
• Assist in administering loans made through various programs through the Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF).
• Performs lending functions, including origination and underwriting loans.
• Delivers timely and accurate completion of write ups, loan recommendations and structuring, analysis of business and personal financial statements, and identification of transaction strengths and weaknesses based on Loan Policy guidelines
• Assists and supports in credit structuring and facilitating when demonstrating sound risk management
• Develops and maintains existing relationships with borrowers within the WRCF’s target markets
• Assist with portfolio delinquency management
• Work with borrowers throughout the application, underwriting, and loan closing process
• Ongoing program management
• Engage with WRCF staff in business development, education, and marketing
• Identify potential clients and increase WRCF loan activity
• Works with loan analyst to proactively manage the loan portfolio to ensure timely identification and resolution of issues, accurate assessment, and assignment of loan risks
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferred area of focus in accounting, finance, or business administration
• Three (3) plus years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to preform the duties of the position
• Knowledge of finance and small business is preferred
• Experience with consumer lending or financial management industry in finance or business administration or closely related discipline
• Minimum three years loan origination and community lending experience is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience working with real estate, affordable housing, or other financing tools.
• Knowledge of nonprofit lending, community-based financial counseling, and foreclosure prevention principles
• Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to quickly build a rapport with clients and partners of diverse backgrounds and knowledge levels
• Ability to apply key ratios to financial analysis of clients (Loan To Value, Debt Service Coverage etc.)
• Collect and review documentation to verify accuracy
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Manage multiple responsibilities including trouble shooting and resolving problems
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically proficient in Excel
• Exposure to lending software
• Self motivated, demonstrate initiative, maintain confidentiality, and adhere to high ethical standards as well as poses a strong entrepreneurial mindset
• Must share the mission of WRCF and DFA and have a strong desire to provide access to affordable loan products to underserved businesses and individuals in the WRCF region.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $49,000 – $72,000
Full benefit package including health, vision, dental, vacation, and sick leave
Professional development and growth opportunities
How to Apply
Apply here: https://jobs.summitoh.net/postings/26009