Community Lending Officer 2
Company: Western Reserve Community Fund/Development Finance Authority
Location: Akron, OH
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF) is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). WRCF supports small business, affordable housing, and non-profit organizations with flexible, low-cost financing and technical support.
As a CDFI certified by the U.S. Treasury, WRCF works to promote equity and expand economic opportunity for disadvantaged communities and businesses by providing financial products and services, striving to foster economic opportunity and revitalized neighborhoods. WRCF was created to help fill the regional gap in access to capital and provide support in disinvested areas, and is not a competitor with banks.
In addition to WRCF’s General Loan Fund, WRCF has collaborated with community partners to spearhead initiatives like the Minority Contractor Capital Access Program (MCCAP)®, the Akron Resiliency Fund, and the Summit County Affordable Housing Trust Fund. You may read more about these programs below.
Performs lending functions, including origination and underwriting loans.
- Assist in administering loans made through various programs through the Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF).
- Performs lending functions, including origination and underwriting loans.
- Delivers timely and accurate completion of write ups, loan recommendations and structuring, analysis of business and personal financial statements, and identification of transaction strengths and weaknesses based on Loan Policy guidelines
- Assists and supports in credit structuring and facilitating when demonstrating sound risk management
- Develops and maintains existing relationships with borrowers within the WRCF’s target markets
- Assist with portfolio delinquency management
- Work with borrowers throughout the application, underwriting, and loan closing process
- Ongoing program management
- Engage with WRCF staff in business development, education, and marketing
- Identify potential clients and increase WRCF loan activity
- Works with loan analyst to proactively manage the loan portfolio to ensure timely identification and resolution of issues, accurate assessment, and assignment of loan risks
- Works in consultation with the loan analyst to monitors portfolio for adherence to approved loan requirements and manage post dues, portfolio follow up, credit files, etc.
- Work directly with Managing Director to increase and manage WRCF’s loan pipeline
- One on one coaching, technical assistance, and group education efforts
- Responds to inquiries
- Presents self in a professional, ethical, and culturally sensitive manner to coworkers, partners, and the public
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferred area of focus in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Three (3) plus years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to preform the duties of the position
- Knowledge of finance and small business is preferred
- Experience with consumer lending or financial management industry in finance or business administration or closely related discipline
- Minimum three years loan origination and community lending experience is strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
$49,000 – $72,000
How to Apply
Click here: https://jobs.summitoh.net/postings/26009